WIXOM Plant Tours

Status
Not open for further replies.
HKS
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
This is for past Wixom plant tour participants.

Did the tour guide point out what corrosion control measures Ford was taking on the Tbird?

When I toured the Audi plant in 2000 I was shown how many pounds of zink was used on each Audi. I was hoping that Ford would give such information to Tbird owners.

I would feel better if I had more info. The dealer said that the plugs are there for adding corrosion protection. Why is that?

HKS

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The tour did not include steel assembly and painting, only final assembly and trim.

Don't worry about corrosion protection. Up here in Canada newer Ford don't have a corrosion issue and I am sure the T-Bird has similar if not better paint lines.
The corrosion inhibited primer is put on with the car 'dipped'.
I understand that the T-Bird has a lot of manual painting application since the robots can't get into some of the tight spots. Since production is limited and the line runs slower than any other Ford line that they have time to 'do it right manually'!!

Thanks for the feedback. It makes me feel better.

HKS

Originally posted by leisha:
The tour did not include steel assembly and painting, only final assembly and trim.

Don't worry about corrosion protection. Up here in Canada newer Ford don't have a corrosion issue and I am sure the T-Bird has similar if not better paint lines.
The corrosion inhibited primer is put on with the car 'dipped'.
I understand that the T-Bird has a lot of manual painting application since the robots can't get into some of the tight spots. Since production is limited and the line runs slower than any other Ford line that they have time to 'do it right manually'!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back