Withdrawal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if anyone else is going through withdrawal since the onset of winter? My beautiful red bird sits in the garage - I only get to drive her about once every other week due to the lousy weather in NJ this winter. If it's not raining, it's snow, sleet, ice, etc.

Not that I don't love my '95 40th anniversary bird, but it's tough to leave red home so many days. To make it even worse on Monday I had the '95 and in my rear view mirror was a red '02 bird. Don't see to many on the road here.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

You couldn't have said it better. I'm driving my 94 with 174,000. My wife's 95 has 112,000 and is the "back-up" car. I work rotating nights, she works strait days. Walking by it brings mixed emotions. I love to see it....hate to see it sit....CAN'T WAIT until May!
Lee

-

Withdrawal is the not word to describe my feelings. Try “Agony”! I picked up my new 03 Red bird on 12/23. It's been sitting in the garage since. The weather here in Ohio is about as crappy as you can get. If it's not snowing it's raining. Usually we a few nice days interspersed between the rain and snow. Since I’ve brought here home, we've had 9 straight days of either rain or snow and the forecast for the weekend calls for 3-5 inches of snow.

I don't plan to drive her everyday but I'd have hoped to get one or two sunny days to take her out. Till then I sit here waiting and dreaming.

------------------
TBird2003
03 Torch Red with Perf. White Top and Full Red Accent
1996 4.6L Mustang GT Conv. with performance enhancements

-

Well, I just got home from work. The temptation was great to get "Red" out today, but the ground in front of the house was still damp from yesterday's rain storm. It did get rid of almost all of our snow, which is a good thing. I got about 1/2 mile from the house and it was completely dry. I almost went back home and switched cars! I knew my husband would have a hissy fit if I came home with her all dirty, so I just went to work. Now they are predicting 6-9 inches of snow tomorrow. UGH.

I can't work up any agony, but I can give you guys up north a lot of sympathy. Being a former Clevelander I shudder to think about allowing "Kandi" to roam around the streets of Cleveland and its suburbs this time of year. No wonder there are so many people moving to the sunshine state. My biggest problem is to decide hardtop or soft top today. Hang in there guys you've got my sympathy.

Jim

Hello NJSusan. Just curious, I live in L.I and have a house in Pa. Occasionally when passing Rockaway I have seen a red bird. I also have a Red Bird. Wondering if that could be you ? If so, maybe one day when I am on my way we can meet for coffee or something to compare birds.

i get my fix almost daily down here in sunny Georgia. i really feel for you guys up in that cold nasty weather. i be your bird is really clean this spring, after having the winter to polish and primp.
best wishes

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and we get our share of nasty weather in the winter. This winter we've had a little more than our share.
Just before the rains started I waxed my Bird and then what with the weather, the holidays, etc. it sat in the garage for 3 or 4 weeks.
But yesterday we had a beautiful day and I took it out for a ride. What a great car it is!
"Normal" people think I'm crazy for not driving it in the bad weather, but they don't own one.
I've had it for almost seven months and yesterday it almost hit 1,500 miles. At that rate it will live longer than me, but that's okay. I just enjoy owning it, even if all I can do is admire it sitting in my garage for awhile.
Spring is coming.

------------------
Bob :)I'd rather be camping:) Schantz

I live in VA and we have had our share of nasty weather including a couple of snow storms. I drive mine every day. Including in the snow and rain. No one should be having withdrawals. Just get out there and drive it. A little rain, cold or snow is not going to hurt it. Believe it or not the Bird is actually very good performer in the snow. It's no Mustang (you take your own life in your hands drving a Mustang in the snow.)

It's not the snow. It's the 10 pounds of salt on the roads; and the morons that leave 10 minutes late and try to get there 10 minutes early in the same weather!

We definitely are missing our blue bird! It's sitting in our carport in Florida, waiting for our return! Can't wait! We drove north in mid-December for the holidays and are heading south early next week. Won't be long now until we can return to our terrific "warm weather/top-down" drives!

One other point. Even in Fla., we don't drive the bird if it's raining! Husband says "wet birds don't fly"!

Wow - I feel better. It's a very cold, windy, but dry day here in NJ. I just returned from a brief, but spirited drive to nowhere. I just had to get out before the football games.

wizbird,

just wondering why you park a t-bird in a state where it rains a bit everyday? ;)

what do you drive in the rain?

do you have the premium bird w/ the independant abs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back