Wind noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
S
Last seen
I took the plunge on a leftover 04 at a great price. What a fun car to drive! We took our first road trip 2 weeks ago and discovered a couple annoying problems. One is the hardtop rattle that others here seem to have experienced. I will try to work that problem when I remove the top next month. The other is wind noise from the driver side pillar area near the side mirror triangle area. I just got it back from the dealer who investigated both issues and said they could find nothing out of the ordinary, said it's normal for this car. Sure. Then why isn't the wind noise on the passenger side?
I remember reading a thread about someone who had the same problem, but I never saw a posting for any resolution. Anyone have this problem?
I had an identical problem with a new Volvo. They replaced the side mirror, which solved the problem. Volvo knew of the defective mirror and were quick to replace it, no hassle. Any advice? Should I just turn the radio up? :cool:
Thanks in advance.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Silverbird
They are wrong when they say that.
One simple thing to do is reprogram your window. It 's in the manual, but I believe you run it all the way down and hold the button for a few extra seconds, then run it all the way up, holding the button for a few seconds.
I know this sets it up to lower and raise as you enter the car and yours just may not be set correctly.
Other than that, take it back until it's resolved. It may be the upper gasket the window sets in is not installed properly and needs to be replaced.
Good luck

George,
Thanks for the response. I tried the reprogramming you suggested but it did not make a difference. I guess I will test the integrity of my dealer's service department. So far, I'm a little negative on their willingness to help solve a problem.
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back