White Leather

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Saw this at the NY auto show last year, in person it's a little, shall we say, bright.
I don't think many of us could live with this all white all the time besides who would want to clean i
Jim

Wow...that is gorgeous....white with TBird blue accents would be PERFECT....and how about the brushed aluminum center stack???

How come we can't have that!!!

I think the upswing of the hard tonneau gices the profile a "stubby" look. Somehow, the low stack that is created when we put on out tonneaus seems to give the car a sleeker profile. As for the white, it is striking, but I sure wouldn't want to use it as a daily driver .... who'd clean it?

DavidA;

Yeah, I'm not jiggy with the tonneau cover either. I'd like to see one that's more rounded.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

They didn't put our nice sun visors on this car. None at all.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Good catch Gobird. I think the Bird looks better without those fabulous visors!!!

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

If you look at the incline of the windsheild it looks to be a greater angle than the production model 02, also the mirror does not seem to be electricly fed.

Look at the trunk, no seem between the tonneau cover and the trunk lid.

I think this proto, is the one seen in 2001 at the Detroit auto show, they had one that was all fiberglass body.

remember that you're looking at a concept car, that's why the lower angle on the windshield of the sport roadster concept car. The production cars had their windshields raised to allow more headroom for the occupants.

The 3 orional concept cars were built on a 1 inch longer wheelbase and the slant of the windshield was greater. One of the 3 was sold this weekend at the Ford/Chrisites auction and one was made into that brown car that was shown last year. THis new red/white one may be the third, or it may be the brown car re-done again. I thought ne car was destroyed but I'm not 100% on that fact.

This is the same sport roadster they started showing at the Detroit auto show in 2001. If you look at the credits at the bottom of that page, you will find that the pictures were taken at the Detroit naias show - and it wasn't this year.

here's an old link that will give you other pictures and a description of the car.

The 3rd original concept car was not destroyed, it was converted into the sport roadster.

------------------
the New T-bird

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back