Whacked out Radio!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A
Last seen
OK so here's the deal. I bought my dad a 2003 Bird with 2100 miles on it. Always garaged, never saw rain blah blah blah. Anyway, the drivers door pwr lock works only for the unlock. It will not work with the pwr lock with the remote or the door switch. I can hear the motor work when you lock it but it will not pull the lock down. Any ideas on this one?

Second, the radio. It will MUTE for no reason anytime. :eek: I tried to diagnose if there is a time that it does it (thinking it could be the redundant controls on the sterring wheel screwing up or something) but I have not found any pattern. So along with the muting for no reason, it has no started randomly changind bands. It will cycle through FM1, FM2 and AM. It will not cycle though to the CD band though. I initally thought it could be the column controls but since it does not cycle through to the CD part (like pressnig the MEDIA button) I figured I was wrong.

So with all that being said, any ideas? Help! It's pissing my dad off. (I would think with 2100 miles it would be flawless..oh well)

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

OK so here's the deal. I bought my dad a 2003 Bird with 2100 miles on it. Always garaged, never saw rain blah blah blah. Anyway, the drivers door pwr lock works only for the unlock. It will not work with the pwr lock with the remote or the door switch. I can hear the motor work when you lock it but it will not pull the lock down. Any ideas on this one?

So with all that being said, any ideas?

Please let us know what you find out. Your door lock problem is the exact problem I have with my 2002. Invariably I will open the drivers door and the alarm will go off because the door is supposed to be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back