We need a vet killer not a lady thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need a vet killer not a lady thriller

As a 36 year old single man... A lady thriller is not a bad idea.
biggrin.gif

Seriously, there are loads of muscle cars out there... that's not what I'm looking for. The T-Bird commercial says it all, it's not about the power.

------------------
Joe
TBIRD II - My License Plate

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

In the family now is a
2000 Lincoln LS8 With Sport Pkg it can't
compete with my 01 Vette. The Lincoln
transmits more road noise to the interior.
The seats are not as comfortable. You
can't compare handling and performance.
The Vette just rides better, I'm still
surprised. Will always have a vette till
they take my keys away.

At first mom thought S Pkg was fun, having
Town Cars but after 2 years, admits its
getting old. We are sure hoping the comments
are right when say, Bird has a softer
suspension and quieter interior. If
looking at an LS w/sport pkg take it
on a long test drive. Didn't test a non
sport version but bound to be better.

Mom has loved her lincolns. So hoping she
will like this and not hear me say told you
so. I follow the Bird boards for her, she
remembers the orig from High School, so
it an exciting car "for her".

Beautiful, comparing an LS to a Vette. Let's see ... 4 -doors/2-doors, Fixed roof/Convertible, Seats 5/Seats 2. Next we'll be comparing the virtues of a PT Cruiser to the T-Bird. Guys, Let's stay on topic!

the Bird is FAR from Just being an LS. Clearly, you haven't driven or owned one yet. I hope you do someday, so you can see jsut how wrong you are.

-

Brillant conclusion David. No it hasn't
come in and yes I will have to drive it
when does. Same motor, basically same
frame, same dash, probably numerous
switches, etc. The sun will burn out before
we would agree on anything.

Im very happy to hear everyone compare the vette and the bird but the fact is everyone loves t-birds even people who don't like fords know that they are very well built cars I also understand that the t-bird was not built to win races but i just think it was a nice platform for a ford sports car"remember it can still have style"
By the way why did the vette lose to the svt focus r" hmmmm

Ford - Chevy whatever. Does it really matter. I never cared for Ford vehicles until the 02 bird which I now own. Not because of the name but because the competition always had them beat (in my mind).
I think gmadams was trying to say the Vette is in a class of it's own and would like to see Ford make a comparible car to the Vette. The Mustang is a competitor of the Camaro and Firebird.

If Fords "competition" of the Vette is a $200,00+ car I hardley think it's comparable to a $50,000 Vette.
If you going to compare cars the year/price should be very close.

As the T-Bird is not in the same class as the vette. That stills leaves the Vette in a class of it's own.

But who really cares, the competition is betwean ford and GM. Not the drivers, it's OK to like and enjoy different cars/trucks from different vendors. The more they compete the more we all get to enjoy.

Ford is not better than GM and GM is not better than ford. They both make good and bad products. It's just personal preference.

fiveoguy: I think Ford will eventually produce a hotter T-Bird, but it will not happen until the sells drop off. At that time, we may have a 350HP T-Bird, but the Vette will still outperform it. I would purchase such a T-Bird if Ford builts it. For now, I just keep modifing my 1985 5.0 GT.

Hi everyone. I haven't been around for a bit but this one pulled me out of the wood work. I'm a '55 owner and a tbird history buff. As to a comparison of the vette and the bird, you can't compare them except in the period of 1955-1957 when they were both designed for similar purposes. Contrary to popular belief the tbird was not created to compete with the vette and was concieved of at or before the same time as the vette. In 1951 Bill Boyer was hired away from Chevy because he was bored and wanted to work on a sports car and chevy had not yet concieved the vette. Hershey hired him for just that and with out authorization they began working on the tbird in their spare time. When the big brass found out they halted the project. The vette comes in that when it was debuted in 1952(the corvettewas put on the fast track and had many problems early on because of it) the new president of ford who I believe was Henry Ford II wanted to know why ford didn't have anything like that. There came the official authorization for the bird which then went out of moth balls. The origional vettes were closer to the tbird and were nicknamed the country club vettes bucause they were expensive and only have a 6 cylinder engine. In 1955 when the tbird debuted the vette came out with a 265 ci engine with about 160 hp. At the same time the Tbird had a 292 which had 192 hp with the Fordomatic and about 300 lbft of torque. The bird also had the advantage on the vette because it was not only a sports car but a sports car and a luxury car. Because of that the tbird had standard power seats and roll up windows which the vette didn't and options for power on everything. It also had the very first removable hardtop to make it comfortable in any weather. The drawback was that it got a more luxury style suspension than the vette. That suspension gave vette owners the illusion of having a better sports car since suspensions were not often modified for racing at the time. Later years of baby bird would be modified for racing and then began to seriously out preform most vettes in handling. Still the Bird was not a race car but a luxury sports car. Then in 1958 the tbird was no longer a sports car with the 4 seat design of the square birds. At that point the bird and vette became uncomparable. It's also at that point in time that the vette began to get things like a 327 and a 427 which made it the powerhouse it is today while the Tbird got 430 Lincoln engines to match the lincoln size and weight. Corvettes and Thunderbirds have had different purposes all their lives and have not even been comparable for well over 40 years. There is no reason why this should change now. There is nothing luxurious about a vette. Yet the tbird fits its luxury sportscar niche perfectly. If you want to compare chevy and ford think of the great racers of the part and present. Think Saleen mustang and the great GT mustangs of the past, think Shelby Cobra, and last of all think of the past and now returning GT-40(which I read would cost around 80 or 90k). All those cars are racing legends. But if you must compare the Tbird to something its closest rival would be the early Jaguar XKE with a 250 hp 6 cylinder and its classy luxury features.

-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back