TOP DOWN

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Well, with the unbearable heat and humidity that a Houston, Texas summer brings, we MUST leave the A/C on for fear of melting otherwise!!
smile.gif

Why do you ask?

------------------
Red/Red Premium 02 Bird w/full accent
2001 Ford Cobra
1997 Chevy Blazer (for the dogs)
DINKS

biggrin.gif
I do do this when the wife is not along, she says I am wasting it. I'm still not sure just what I am wasting but I turn it off when she is in the car just to keep the peace.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

That would be nice but I do like the warm weather, we only get it for about 5 month out of the year.
It could be worse, if I got called back to work, on a 90 degree day it is 100 inside the shop.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

Here in Texas (D/FW), If the suns up, it's hot. But if you aim your vents just right, the A/C on high will provide a nice "cool" breeze at less than highway speeds. Every little bit helps.

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium
Full Interior Accent
Production #3944 VIN#103847
" Gotta Love It "
TX Lic# " BLUBRD "

WJR1007
That is what I do but like Godirds wife some people say I am wasting it. I think it is grate when you are stoped for a light . I Just wanted to know if I was the only one with top down air on.

jboriott,

It looks like a great idea , but i fear not for us. The system appears to be a replacement seat as opposed to add-on. Our seats have the side air-bags built into the outboard side of the seat. I doubt the replacement seat would have this safety feature incorporated and if it did I think the eventual price of the seat(s) would be cost prohibitive.

Brooklyn

Take it when you can get it!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Blue/Blue Premium
Full Interior Accent
Production #3944 VIN#103847
" Gotta Love It "
TX Lic# " BLUBRD "

HEY GOBIRD & BROOKLYN:
There is a definite way to keep COOL with the top down on hot days, (as a matter of fact on all days).....LEAVE YOUR WIFE HOME!

------------------
T'BIRD RUNNER

It depends on how hot or humid it is. At night I've had to put the defroster on because the windows were fogging up. I've also put the heater on with the top down. My husband doesn't fit real well with the top on so we usually drive topless.

I assume you mean the car..not you and your husband are topless??

I bought a WindBaffle to use on my Mustang convertible and wondered if anyone has tried one on a T-bird (I see they list the T-bird on their web site).

This is a Plexiglas panel that fits behind the seats (the Mustang's hooks onto the headrests) and cuts the back flow of air. We've used it with the Mustang on cool spring nights and with this in place and with the windows up and the heat on low we were actually hot. Looks like it would work the same with the AC.

FDIII

fdthird,.... Do you have a web site for the seller of the WindBaffle? Here in Alaska we run the top down when it is warm - above 55 - and put the heater on to help take the chill off our backs.

AKBirdie

Checked with my service rep. Said it was OK to use the air conditioner with the top down. "It is not as efficent but, it will not harm anything."

www.windbaffle.com is the web site for Wind Baffle.

We advertise them here at WABC Radio from time to time and I decided to give them a call and give it a try. The one for the Mustang also comes with a winter panel that comes down between the buckets to provide even more coverage. The top goes up and down fine with it in place and as I said, on a cool spring night it made the topless ride a lot more comfortable.

Don't know anything about the T-bird version but did see it mentioned on the web site.

Happy 4th to all...hope you all have the kind of weather for Topless Motoring! It’s going to be around 100 here in NY so we will definitely be running the AC!

Enjoy

FDIII

Just talked with a friend who bought a 2003 Ford Expedition. It has factory installed air conditioned/heated seats. They have used them and say it is great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back