Thunderbird was the hit of the Parade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Saturday my hometown in North Carolina had its annual 4th of July Parade and Celebration (yes, it was the 29th of June). My Red 2002 Thunderbird was used for the Beauty Queen. The young lady was truly beautiful. She was stunning. However, the car got more attention! With approximately 10,000 spectators lining the parade route, time after time, constantly, people pointed at the car and the typical words were "Look, there's a new Thunderbird!" "Isn't it awesome?" I must have heard phrases like this over a hundred times! I almost felt embarrassed for the young lady.

By the way, since there's really not a good place for someone to sit on the car in a parade, we came up with an idea that worked well. We removed the headrest from the passenger seat, put the "boot" cover on the car, and then had a firm pillow for the person to sit on. Most of her weight was on the seat back...but it was distributed enough not to cause a problem anywhere. A towel was provided for her feet on the seat and all went well.
After the parade, we parked the car in a an area reserved for it and a crowd gathered around to look. It turned out to be a really fun day and I was amazed that the car still generated as much attention these many months after its unveiling.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back