Thunderbird Movie Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been tossing around some possibilities for our second film for the "double-feature" for the Drive-In Theater at "Thunderbird Destination" and have some ideas already, but I was wondering if there is a movie that those here on this forum think would be perfect for such an event as this one. We're looking for suggestions and possibly for movies that we haven't thought of yet. Any ideas?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I think that just about any "good" car movie would be appropriate (note good in quotes, leaves a lot of leeway). "Vanishing Point" and "Bullit" come to mind or maybe "Cannonball Run". "Grand Prix" has always been one of my favorites.

"Thunder Road" with Robert Mitchum

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

I'll second American Graffiti - Suzanne Sommers in a white T-bird (brief appearance -central to the story, great music and very retro.

Paul

------------------
#3739 Premium
Torch Red w/matching top
Standard Interior

No Tbirds but a good drive-in style flick:

"Days of Thunder"

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Ok noone but the old folk and longtime tbird fans will remember know this but there was a movie called T-bird Gang. It was bad. Really bad but kinda fun in that black and white late 50's movie kinda way. The interesting thing is that the premise oif the movie is that there is a gang going around stealing things and their leader is a car guy with a T-bird. The police take a young man and infultrate the gang to bring it down from the inside. Sound familiar? Its The Fast and the Furious with out the stupid import cars with wings on them and all the pretend racing. Its kind of like watching an auto accident but as far as I know its the oldest T-bird movie out there and the first verion of TF&TF and it is available on DVD for like $5. Check it out

ranat1 No, I have never heard if it but sounds like it may be interesting. I'll have to look it up.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

ranat1,

What a wonderful wealth of information in your website link above. Thank you for sharing it! I'll be spending the weekend just going through all of those shows with Thunderbird's!

Your Welcome
smile.gif

How about Grease? Didn't John Travolta's gang call itself the "T-birds"? Come to think of it, he owns a new bird himself.

I looked at that site over the weekend and couldn't believe all the stuff that is listed about the T-Bird.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

That is a graet site. I used it to research the 66' bird I'm restoring. The Tbird section itself is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back