Thunderbird D e s t i n a t i o n! - "Hub City" Organizers Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that our "Georgia" road rally is just a month away and things are pretty much worked out for that event, we have begun planning another BIG Thunderbird road rally, which will probably be of interest to those of us with Thunderbird's, new or old, from Maine to Texas and from Michigan to Florida and everywhere in between. This event is scheduled to take place on October 18-20, 2002.

What we have been considering is the following:

Think about this, wouldn't it be great to head south to warm, sunny Florida, in our beautiful convertibles while the weather is still mild in other parts of the Country and while the leaves are still blazing with colors in all of their Fall glory. Imagine gathering at "Hub" cities and towns, located across the USA and traveling in caravans of Thunderbirds, perhaps meeting up with other groups of Thunderbird owners, on their way to the final destination...Florida!

(If you are interested in such an event as this and would like to be a contact person or organizer for your City or Town , which would become a "Hub" for this event, PLEASE contact me at TbirdTim@******* )

We have chosen to make the final gathering location at Sandestin Resort in beautiful Destin, Florida (that's where the "name" for the event is derived), which we think would be a fairly easy drive from a lot of States, including those that would be coming from other parts of Florida. The details are currently being worked out and will be announced soon. If you would like to take an early look at our final destination location, check out the following website at: www.sandestin.com .

This would be a great way to end the convertible season for many of us, and to gather and meet each other that frequent this forum, face to face, while enjoying the warmth and sunshine, along with the sugar white sand and aqua waters of a beautiful Thunderbird D e s t i n a t i o n!

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Tim,

You must be a mind reader. I was hoping that when your group meets up in May that you would discuss another get together. You and the other Bird owner have put together a nucleus that could be the beginning of an association of '02 Bird owners in the Southeastern United States (I'm not trying to eliminate other areas, but it seems that most of your group is in that area, SEC and ACC sports conferences).

Destin, FL would be a great place to meet. As far as I know, I'm the only one from Mississippi on this board, but there are several from Arkansas, Louisana, and Tennessee that are within driving distance and that may be interested.

I like your idea. Talk it up at your get together.

Charlie

Count us in. Amarillo, Tx. Right on I-40 and Route 66. Oops, just remembered the wife and I will be on vacation in California 9-12 through 9-21. If trip before or after these dates will be happy to help.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

Thanks for the e-mails that I have received from various people about the above mentioned road rally/gathering that is currently in the planning stages for late September. We should be able to start listing "hub" locations where Thunderbird owners will gather and follow one another to Destin, Florida in just a few days.

Please note that I have re-edited my top post in this thread, with new information about this future Florida event, including dates and resort information.

Tim;

I expect you will fill us in with more details at the rally. Let me know if I can help.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Ditto me, TBT.

Sounds like a great rally to Destin.

TBirdMarty, based on my predication 3 weeks ago at Johnny Rockets, you are 5 or 6 days away from taking your new Blue Bird home....the excitement is building.

Have you heard from flybrd? I sure hope she has her VIN.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

Joel;

No word from flybird. I too sure hope she gets a VIN soon. I'm sure she will post when she does. My dealer says arrival date on paper is 04/10/02. I am sure there are a number of delaying factors that could come into play. He also said it could come in before that. I have a full week of out of town work next week so picking up ole' blue eyes will take some finageling.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Thanks for the inqiries joelja and TBirdMarty...sad to report still no VIN.
frown.gif
Had a slight emergency yesterday and had to put four new tires on the '89 SC...at least I know that she'll be ready for the road rally!

TBirdTim...the rally to Destin sounds GREAT! At least I'll have my new bird by then, right? Let me know if there's anything we can do to help...

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; no VIN yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back