Thunder on 66

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize that this may be an unpopular, even a verboten topic, but I was wondering how many people will be making all or some part of the Thunder run. I will be joining up in Amarillo and continuing to CA.

I know that there are some out there that are still going.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Originally posted by RTBRD:
I realize that this may be an unpopular, even a verboten topic, but I was wondering how many people will be making all or some part of the Thunder run. I will be joining up in Amarillo and continuing to CA.

I know that there are some out there that are still going.

Just goes to show people are starved for entertainment. ;-)

------------------
Tbird

I'll be going from Amarillo (of course) to Albuquerque.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Theresa and I are doing the whole route. I still haven't broke the news to my employer that I don't think I can make it back in just two weeks.

------------------
Ron

VIN #7729, seq. #7505
partial blue premium, no top

Leaving from Jamestown, NY 2 days early to meet up in Elgin for the whole trip to Calif. My sister lives out there and I am driving her home. Maybe, if she is good, she can drive part of it.

Leaving Calif on August 4th. Looking forward to seeing all of you. John
biggrin.gif

------------------
Blue/Blue Prem. w/full accent
1/25 #6333
LIC: BLU TB

Driving from CA to AZ (Winslow or Williams), touring Grand Canyon, then heading back to CA to the end. Will also be attending **** convention in Costa Mesa. It's been too long since I have had a BIG Thunderbird fix and I need one badly!

My wife can't take time off, our daughter wanted to come, but found out school starts that week. My 93 year-old grandmother may come with me if she is up for it, otherwise I'll be solo.

Looking forward to July 4th week for daughter's Pre-Teen America program National Finals in Birmingham, AL and then Thunderbirds in August. (The activities only - not necessarily the heat & humidity [AL] and HOT, but dry heat [AZ]!)

------------------
Dennis Grant
1960 HT 208K
1992 Sport 240K

Has anyone considered whether or not the wild fires out west will have any impact on this event. Alternate routes for road closings or devestated scenery. Hopefully they will all be out by the time you folks will be driving through.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

It looks as if Show Low is about 40 miles south of I40 (I believe RT66 paralles I40). Hopefully in 7 weeks things will be under control.

I will do an update on Streets & Trips later this week and see if there are any major closing on the route planned. Streets & Trips goes out to the web and gets the latest construction/closing reports and updates it's database with the current info.

We will meet up with the crew in Chicago and leave a day early to investigate the area. can't wait

This past Sunday we had 13 Birds cruise from Amarillo to Adrian for lunch at the MidPoint Cafe. Eight of the thirteen cars were 2002's and all five colors were represented out of the eight 02's. Four black and one each of the other four colors. ********** was down from Iowa in his 93 Bird and made the cruise with us. We drove out on Interstate 40 and retured on old 66 (the portions that are left). Great food and a fun time was had by all.

------------------
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

-

Come on, I know there's a lot more people reading this board that's going on Thunder on 66.

------------------
Ron

VIN #7729, seq.#7505, blue premium,
partial blue interior, no top, Louisville Ky.

I'm looking forward to the event. I'll be driving from California to Michigan to spend time with family, then hopefully, doing a group plant tour in Wixom and meeting others at Rosie's Diner [near Grand Rapids] for a pre-cruise caravan to the starting point in Elgin. I have to admit I had doubts whether Thunder would get off the ground, but Tony seems to be handling the details nicely.

We are doing whole event. Leaving Ca. Aug. 6. Have never seen that part of country, so will go thru Salt Lake, Mt. Rushsmore, etc., arriving in Elgin Aug.12.
gene...

Yello7530, Looking forward to meeting you and several others on the board. I will only be traveling from Amarillo to Albuquerque, but 3 weeks later will be in your stomping grounds in Palm Desert for my parents 50th anniversary. We won't have the T-Bird out there, but maybe we can still look you up to say hello.

------------------
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back