Thunder on 66 Hardtop or soft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I was thinking of bringing my hardtop along, but given the lack of storage and way to transport it, that means leaving it mounted all the time. I'm sure there will be days when we'll want to drive topless. For that reason, my hardtop will stay behind.

I did an A/C test with the softtop up and the temperature in the mid-90's last weekend, and it felt quite comfortable. Although it's black, I think it's lined to reflect heat.

Another question is which tonneau cover should we use? The stock cover looks good but is hard to store. The soft one available as an aftermarket item may have fit and appearance issues. I think I'll see if I can find a way to store the standard cover on the passenger side since I'll be travelling solo most of the way.

I only plan on participating from Amarillo to Albuquerque because two & a half weeks later I have to go to L.A. and can not justify going out west twice in that short of time span. I plan on leaving the top on as during the time span of Thunder the average temperatures here in Amarillo usually range from 95' to 105', so I plan on exercising the air conditioner. I may leave the top off though to go down in the canyon to see the play TEXAS the night of the 17th.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back