T-Bird Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I read that correctly? Quickdraw actually drove his car? Even with the humidity...and sunshine? At this rate that poor car is only going to have 200-300 years of service left on it!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Brad,
Hey! I've got over 1.600 miles on it now!

Looch & Sophia,
That aforementioned problem on the left side of the steering wheel is matched on the right side every time I try to increase the cruise control speed and the radio just gets louder. But at least that error isn't obvious to onlookers.

Quickdraw, maybe if you drove your car more often, you'd be better at using the controls..lol... either that, or you need smaller fingers!

ps - cruise control is for lazy people!!! :D :D :p :p

comments

I don't really get a lot of comments on the 2003. I catch some folks out of the corner of my eye or in the rear view mirror taking a second look, but that's about it.

But, my 64 Galaxy and 58 Bird get all the looks. (Two young ladies on rt 80 this past Sunday paced my 58 off my left quarter panel and then rode by with a big thumbs up.

So, my wife says "do you still look at younger women?", and I told her "yes, but at my age, I can't remember why."

Jerry,

You have a 64 Galaxie - do you by any chance belong to http://galaxieclub.com/ ? My car show friend has a 65 Galaxie and almost never comes home from a car show without a first or second place trophy and has many Best of Show awards.

No, I haven't joined any Galaxy club. I used to show the car a lot back in the 80's, but I got tired of spending most of my summer Sundays sitting in a parking lot. Won a few 2nds or 3rds in small, local shows. (Same with my 58 Bird.)

The car was cosmetically restored about 20 years ago, so it's starting to show wear again. I am giving serious thought to selling it, even though I've owned it since 1967.

It's a 500XL "clone" with a rebuilt auto trans, 352/250 hp engine, 3:50 rear end and (drum roll) 207,000 miles on the body. (Motor came out of a different 64 Galaxy, and has a little over 100,000 miles on it.) Even have a complete factory A/C unit sitting in my garage that I never had installed.

Except for body rust, you can't kill the big Fords from the 60's; they just keep running.

The one show that I do go to (with the Galaxy) is the September show on the boardwalk in Wildwood, NJ. Great way to end the summer, at least in the Northeast.

Quick, did I read somewhere that the volume on the radio is supposed to increase as you increase your speed? Maybe that is with the radio set on "top down" so you can hear it over the wind noise? Does that make sence to you, did I dream this?

Sophia, it does work. I never noticed it until recently. After I had the exhaust mods, I was driving a little quicker to hear the difference from stop light to stop light. It was funny, because just as the engine would start winding out, the radio would jump in volume. By the time I would get to the next light and slow down quickly, it would take about 5+ seconds for the radio to adjust down.

That feature is called Speed Sensitive Volume.. I didn't think it was on by default - I had to set mine - to set it you press the volume button for five seconds and then select a level from 0 to 7. I have mine set at level 2 - the higher the number the louder it gets for any given speed increase.

The best response I've gotten is from a young guy who said " I could get laid with that car"!
Also, while in Johnson City, TN, for the Bristol Nascar race, we came out of a restaurant and found no less than 6 people gathered around the car, scoping it out. It's REALLY been a LOT of fun so far

TonyB49

:D :D :D That's the best one so far (what that man said). Also neat to see T-Bird groupies, isn't it!

One of my favorite things to do is pull up next to a woman in a covertible and say "Hey....you sure look good with your top down"

There is that 2 second pause, and then they laugh. I think it's easier to get away with that line while driving the Tbird with the top down..and yes you do need to be selective on who you say it to.

My second favorte one is pulling up next to someone in a Tbird and saying..."Hey...Nice car"...They're so used to people saying that they often don't notice that you're also in one till they drive off, and then you see them laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back