T-Bird Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sophia

Supporting Contributor
Last seen
So, what little terms of endearment do the rest of you hear regarding your T-Bird?

Just after I got mine, a gal at a quick-stop where I purchase gasoline, said "where did you get that ghetto-cruiser?"
Jealous right?? :confused:

A couple followed me to Wal-Mart, parked and checked it out last week. "Just adorable", was the woman's comment.

A very good friend said it was awsome, and asked what kind of car it was.

At a restaurant a woman said she loved my car, and then asked if it was a Porsche.

Today, "That is one bitchin car". :D

It is like a daily car show don't you agree? What comments do the rest of you get?

A friend of mine saw the car for the first time and when his wife came out to look at it too he explained to her “It’s a replica of the first two seat Thunderbirds except it has modern accessories like air conditioning and stuff.”

When next to bikers, the guys never even glance at the car but the girls on the back always gawk.

I get thumbs up all the time and twice had youngsters on bicycles turn around and follow me to get a better look at the car. I imagine 50 years from now one of them will relate that they always wanted a Thunderbird since the first time they saw one (mine).

First time out with the top down I was stopped at a traffic light parallel to a Burger King drive up window and I heard a bunch of yelling. I turned around to see maybe six teenaged girls hanging out of a van yelling at waving at me. First time that’s happened since 1961 (that also was in a new convertible). I don’t want to think the girls of today are shallow enough to yell at me just for the car but that might be part of it. <grin>

Remember going out with my wife and another couple to a 50's Diner where people gather to show off their cars. The parking lot is shut down except for those who have a classic to show off.
Needless to say my 2003 Bird was not a classic so I couldn't get into the main parking lot. I parked on the grass in front of the diner and walked around. When it was time for dinner, we sat in plain view of the 2003 Bird. My friends 90 Firebird with T-tops was next to the Bird. More people made an extra effort to walk in front of the diner to see my car than they did any other car in the lot. Made me feel proud. The best part of the night was cruising through the parking lot after it re-opened. I felt like a teenager again, but most of all like a king as everyone's eyes were upon me and my wife and my T-Bird.

Ticket Ted

Yea, me too, except a proud Queen here

Thats an inside joke - Sophia's real name is Ralph.

(just kidding) :)

I knew, as soon as I typed the word queen . . . . . . . . .
:eek:

I knew, as soon as I typed the word queen

I don't think anyone would have questioned it had you posted the photos of your patela.... :D :p

With the warm weather upon us, I look forward to hearing comments on my car. It's not as common in the winter, unless it's parked somewhere. Most common is "what year is that?"

Originally posted by loochie
With the warm weather upon us, I look forward to hearing comments on my car. It's not as common in the winter, unless it's parked somewhere. Most common is "what year is that?"

Yes, that seems most common here also. Yesterday I was told once again "it's a shame they discontinued them". This was a 'vette owner.

I also had a rude Ford driver snub me at a light :p :p :p He was driving a 60's Falcon convertible, yellow (like my 02 'bird), top down like me. I pulled up, looked over and said "NICE FORD!" and without even turning his head he said "thank you" and nothing more. :p :p :p to him :D :D :D

AZ - he was just embarassed because he knew his car wasn't as cool as yours!

Top down this afternoon, I got three or four "Cool Car" or "Nice Car" comments. One was from a younger kid (early teens) - I waved in the air as I drove by, hair blowin' in the breeze!!!! I LOVE this weather. I also caught a lot of twisted heads out of the corner of my eye.

During my top down travels today, I had two guys hanging out their car window as they passed and yelled "Hi cutie"....don't know if they meant me or the car! LOL

Later, guy in a yellow convertible (didn't catch the make of it, something small like a Z-3) yelled across two lanes of traffic "Nice Thunderbird"

GOD, I LOVE TOP DOWN WEATHER!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Well Kathe, since I've seen photos of you on a jet ski I’m pretty sure the first comment was all yours. OK, the Thunderbird earned the second comment. However I don't see how we can attribute much more than 50 percent of the thumbs-up comments you report to the car.

Got the Bird packed with soft sided luggage and it is sitting in the garage ready to go. Leaving for sunny Florida Friday morning. (hopefully sunny) Can't wait to get a little south to put the top down. Sun and driving with the top down weather in Cleveland is pretty scarce this time of year. A few more weeks !!!!

Will let everyone know what reactions I get from the lookers.

Ticket Ted

Originally posted by Quickdraw
Well Kathe, since I've seen photos of you on a jet ski I’m pretty sure the first comment was all yours. OK, the Thunderbird earned the second comment. However I don't see how we can attribute much more than 50 percent of the thumbs-up comments you report to the car.

Thanks, Harry...you're too kind! I think I'm blushing.

Watch him Kathe, he will turn on you without warning, and start calling you things like Fred.

While giving the TBird a bath in the driveway yesterday, a couple of young ladies drove by and waved and yelled, "Nice car, too cool". Everyone that drove by was rubber necking to get a better look also! When out driving it never fails that someone will wave and give the thumbs up sign or make a flattering comment at a traffic light. Never had this much reaction to any car I have owned and am loving it!:)

Never had this much reaction to any car I have owned and am loving it!

You can say that again.. not all my cars put together. Im not used to the attention - at stop lights I descretely turn the radio down a few notches and look straight ahead. Everytime I glance to the side I catch someone staring. I feel uncomfortable being statred at. If I was a hot chick maybe I'd be used to it...

And tonight, darn! As I was about to make a last second turn at an intersection I very cooly extended my left middle finger to flick the turn signal down and hit the washer button on the end of the stalk. It sprayed the windshield and turned on the wipers - how un-cool - if I was in anything except a Thunderbird the on coming traffic would have thought I was a dork. <grin>

Originally posted by Quickdraw
And tonight, darn! As I was about to make a last second turn at an intersection I very cooly extended my left middle finger to flick the turn signal down and hit the washer button on the end of the stalk. It sprayed the windshield and turned on the wipers - how un-cool - if I was in anything except a Thunderbird the on coming traffic would have thought I was a dork. <grin>

LOL! I HATE when that happens!!!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back