Stuck COnvertible Top

Status
Not open for further replies.
AKBirdie

AKBirdie

'29 Ford Model A - my 1st car to 2011 Lincoln MKS
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
A quick question??? Has anyone had any trouble with retracting the convertible top? I tried to put down the top last night on my ’03 T-Bird with no success. The windows did their drop as usual and next was an electrical click in the trunk, but the top did not retract. I have checked all the fuses – passenger kick panel, front distribution box and rear distribution box. All fuses were fine. Any suggestions? Yes I know it is under warranty, but I hate taking it to the dealer, as it seems to always come back with a scratch or other problem.

:mad: AKBirdie
1974 Cougar XR7
2000 F350
2002 Triple Black T-Bird

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I assume you did have it in park with your foot on the brake petal didn't you? These are two safety items built in so you cannot lower top while in motion.

And, you pulled the handle (release) down?

If you tell us exactly what you did possibly we can help.

Done it all!!

Yes, did it all. I have never had trouble getting the top down before. On Wed I drove the car and when I returned home the top worked. This would be the second time it has acted this way. I now wonder if it is a bad relay switch or a loss connection. I have the wiring diagram, but before I start taking the trunk padding off does anyone know where the relay switches are located? I am thinking they are located in the area the top retracts into - at the front end of the trunk.

For now I have the hard top on until next spring. I would still love your information.

Thanks---

MAgic the top works...

I was worried as it happened when I was going to put the car down for the winter. I was doing everything correct. For some reason it just decided to work correctly. I never took it into the shop and it has not been a problem for some time now. I hope the same works for you.
Paul

George said:
And, you pulled the handle (release) down?

If you tell us exactly what you did possibly we can help.
I had the same problem. I took the 2003 to the dealership. it had a air bubble in the hydrallic pump. They pressurized it and added some fluid. Now. My top doesn't stick or stall.

Thanks...

Shooter ---

Thanks for the information. The next time it should happen I will pass this information on to them. It makes sense given it has not happened again. With air in the system would cause the problem, but with movement the blockage is gone.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back