Stored for the winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

joebullits

Last seen
Today I put my 03' Bird away for the winter. This involved changing the oil & filter, wash & wax, filled gas tank & stratigically placed in my gararge and covered.
Also for your information, I had the opportunity to check with a friend, who happens to be a operating partner in a local Ford dealership here in north east Ohio, regarding trade in value. My 03', which is in excellant condition and premium model, will get me about $17,000.00 on trade in. Just thought you all would like to know. Maybe in the spring I'll put him to tast on it.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Joe, did you add 'Stabil' to your gas? It's a good product that keeps the fuel fresh during storage. Even if you start it occasionally it's worth the few bucks cost. And as an old antique car guy, it's always good for the tires to NOT be on cement. I've always used 2x4 sheets of 1/2" plywood. Just a thought.

Stored for winter

Hi George,

No I did not. I have been told by several sources that the fuel system on todays vehicles are sealed, therefore the gasoline is not subjected to any oxygen that would effect the octane. But, I will take your advice for peace of mind.

Thanks George

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back