2002-05 Removal Of Hardtop

• Thread starter anthony viceroy
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

anthony viceroy

UPDATE EMAIL ADDRESS
Hey guys, picking up 03 bird 007 edition today, but getting nervous. Been reading research reports that say its hard with 2 people to remove/replace top. Then I read threads you guys posted about pins in top that bend?? And hard top rattles??? Is this just bad design from ford?Is this on every 03 model? Any suggestions on how to make removal/add on top easier? How do we avoid from jumpstreet the top rattle, if possible? Thanks for your input. One thing I don't understand car manuf. Usually improve products each year when they discover problems. Seems like ford has no interest in correcting these problems or at least try to. Could they have the attitude where making bird for only 3 yrs so the hell with it????

Moderator Note 2020- You can buy a hardtop hoist here- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...nderbird-electric-manual-hardtop-hoists.9260/

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The top is very easy to take Anthony. My wife and I have taken the top off and on probably 25 - 30 times. With the top weighing 84 pounds, that is only 42 pounds per person. My wife is only 5' 2" and has no problem with it. The bent pin issue I believe is more of a closing the soft top incorrectly than it is a Ford issue. I may be wrong on this as I have never had the bent pin issue, but I see how it could happen if one were not careful. Hard to rattle is going to happen on a car with a removable top. It's not bad and only rattles when hit some good size bumps. Not like it rattles all the time. (Anthony - turn the caps off. Some people around here will think your shouting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back