Red Painted Calipers and Window Tinting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have posted some photos that show the red painted calipers and also the window tinting, I don't think I have seen photos of the tint yet.

Included also is a picture of the buff/swirl/sanding marks that were on the trunk from the factory. I am hoping that the Zaino Z5 will take care of them.

Photos

They are located in \New_Rides\jodrod's... folder.

Any comments, pro or con, would be appreciated. My wife does not like the painted calipers and I am wondering if I am in the minority.

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Jodrod: What wheels do you have on your black beauty (when looking at the red caliper photo)...was it the company with the letters BC...I forgot..thanks tleslie

Originally posted by jodrod:
I have posted some photos that show the red painted calipers and also the window tinting, I don't think I have seen photos of the tint yet.

Included also is a picture of the buff/swirl/sanding marks that were on the trunk from the factory. I am hoping that the Zaino Z5 will take care of them.
Jodrod,
When I read your post that you were having the calipers painted, I thought that was a bit over the top. (Goofy, actually. Why the heck highlight a function like that?) Seeing the pics you posted, I like em.
One caution though, yesterday I was at the dealer and a guy comes in with a new Expedition, VERY nice aftermarket chrome wheels and I see the calipers are painted red. Looked good. What happened was the painted calipers caused me to inspect closely, some parts were covered with brake dust. I guess the moral is that if you are going to highlight a part on the car, be prepared to keep that part squeeky clean.
I still liked them.

Photos

They are located in \New_Rides\jodrod's... folder.

tleslie,

They are Boyd Coddingtons.

greyfox11,

It's all in the details, details, details. The wheels are also unfinished so they will have to be polished regularily also.

I think that the red calipers help breakup the all black without being obtrusive and also help draw the eye to the wheels.

-

jodrod,

You were so right about painting the calipers to get the look you wanted.

The window tint looks great too!

The swirl marks are a constant problem with black. I purchased a new 5" random orbital buffer made by Porter-Cable.
It seems to work well withsome of the swirl removers on the market.

Your car looks fabulous!

------------------
'56 TBird '02 NM Bird
'98 F250
'68 AMC AMX
'73 Volvo 1800ES
'01 Olds Aurora 4.0

jodrod; I like the tinted windows, but, I have to agree with your wife on the calipers.
I would think a glossy black would look good.

Your ride is sweet, can't wait to get mine.

Jodrod,

The calipers look great. The spacing of the spokes in the wheels are right for that kind of detail. Not sure it would be as catchy with the stock wheels.

Good job!

------------------
'02 Yellow T-Bird
'95 Roush GT Ragtop
'96 Mystic Cobra
'97 Lincoln Mark VIII

The pics make the calipers look better than they really are. In the photos they look fire engine red, which is what I wanted but in reality they are more orangey red and I have decided that I don't like the color.

I am thinking of changing the color to the same aqua/turqoise as used on the TBird wings. This will still give me what I want in breaking up the all black (an unobtrusive splash of color) but will tie into the TBird theme better. I also ran it past the wife and she seemed more amenable to that idea.

It will probably be several weeks before I get to work on it but I will post new pics when it is ready.

-

Joe,

I agree with the aqua and think it would be great for all of us to consider doing with or without the painted caps.

When you do it, and after a month or so, please post the how, what , when and where on the job. I am also curious about keeping the calipers clean after they are painted.

Great job!

------------------
RT2ESQ
Triple Black #748

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back