? on foot pedals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at an '05 T-Bird at my local Ford dealer (having a '98 Mustang ragtop). The biggest disappointment I found was the poor gas pedal location. My big size 11's just wouldn't fit around the brake pedal to hit the gas. I searched through the archives here, but didn't see anything about this. Is there a way to move the brake pedal to the left on the shaft? Are earlier models any different? That's something I could not live with. Do other T-Bird owner feel the same way? THANKS!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Foot Pedals

28hopup
I have size tens and don't have a problem. It takes a little time to get the "feel" of the car.
Of course, I'm car crazy, as Barry says on Speed Channel, so I make it work.
The big plus is that the Tbird is a cool little car. And, you won't see yourself coming around every corner.
Join the club, be happy!
Putt
03' MSG/black/black ink

I have size 12s and the pedal placement was awkward at first (I almost didn't buy the car because of this). After you drive it for a day or so, it becomes a non-issue. You learn where the best heel placement is to avoid interfering with one pedal or the other. It's an incredible car!

I wear 11-1/2 and never even noticed a problem.

Size 12 here as well and no issue. :cool: I guess it's all what you are used to :rolleyes:

Size 13..............

Size 13............Had the same opinion, not a big problem after getting used to it, but due to the fact that I drive my Bird 1-2 times a week felt it was something to modify, so.

I changed out my pedal covers to an aftermarket set ($85.00), stainless steel to match the interior - made the brake pedal thinner but longer and mounted the gas pedal a bit to the left solved the problem completly. You can pick up Pedal Covers for much less as low as $15.00 but I wanted something quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back