MSRP - Yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, it’s been a several months since I’ve checked.. what are prices doing? Is MSRP still out of the question? I wonder if this will return when the 2003’s become available. What are you folks seeing out there?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Acutally hre, in San Diego, CA, they're selling lots of Thunderbirds for $1,500.00 UNDER MSRP! How cool is that! :) That's a great price, but I'm waiting for the 2003 models since they're introducing NEW colors to chose from and not the standard regular colors everyone else has... LOL So, yes, call around, and you'll find several several Ford dealers selling their Tbirds for under MSRP! :)

Dealers around Washington DC are still above MSRP. However, I think you can probably negotiate on their sticker whereas earlier this year they would not negotiate. I know one dealer who has a used yellow T-bird (800 miles on the odometer) and their window sticker is still above MSRP. Not all dealers have a T-bird on the lot.

I bought mine in April for msrp. The dealer is in Elmwood Park, N.J.
Last night we passed another dealer in N.J. that had five new birds on the lot. I don't know how much they were. A Chevrolet dealer has a used Premium with 500 miles for $38,900

------------------
02 Black T-Bird
1955 Sunliner Convertible
1955 Crown Victoria Glass Top
1931 Model "A" Panel Delivery Truck
1931 Model "A" Station Wagon
1971 Chevrolet S/B Pick up

Most dealers in Mass. and southern New Hampshire are still charging $5000. over sticker. I hope they get stuck with them!

if you look around there are dealers that will sell at msrp. i bought mine at regular sticker price on april 25 at almeyer ford in lufkin texas. this was after being told by a dealer from houston two days before that i was wasting my time by looking for a car and not being willing to pay +5k. search and you will find one.

Originally posted by nd67:
Okay, it’s been a several months since I’ve checked.. what are prices doing? Is MSRP still out of the question? I wonder if this will return when the 2003’s become available. What are you folks seeing out there?
I have a neman marcus for sale only 46500 Ron rondeemc@netins.net

My dealer told me when mine came in May that they wanted 2500.00 over MSRP I "negotiated" with them and told them MSRP was as high as I would go they agreed. So, Don't pay anymore then MSRP. Refer them to Ebay, no one is getting offers higher then MSRP.

I talked to a salesman at Mac Haik Ford in Houston last week and they are still trying to get $5k over MSRP. They quickly sold a red, but a yellow and a blue have been lingering on the lot for close to two weeks.

I bought mine there in April at sticker price after a 14 month wait. They tried to rob me for an extra $5k just before delivery, but they backed down. Don't pay over MSRP.

------------------

The yellow one is still on the lot at Mac Haik Ford in Houston. I was in my Blue 02, and stopped by there to get the VIN. The windshield is marked with $5000 market adjustment, but the salesman said they would consider MSRP.

Tommie Vaughn Ford in Houston got an extra allocation, according to my salesman there. You can order one at MSRP from them. Talk to David Watson there.
Hugh in Houston
FUN 3X

Lots of Birds on the ground here in the DC area. The dealers are finally looking to move them. They have both new and used. Just check The Washington Post online..
http:///www.washingtonpost.com

there should be a link to the auto classified section..

Also, if anyone is interested in ordering an 03, I already have a deposit in on one in southcentral Pennsylvania. Just let me know via email.

good luck..

Flair

------------------
Todd Sheffer
65 Rangoon Red Convertible
02 Yellow - 7683

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back