Milage Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty cool information....it makes some of us look like gluttons, while others must be totally anorexic in their driving habits.

Amadeus would feel SOOOO lonely if I only took him out for 5 miles/day.

Maybe the fewer-miles-per-day folks are just savoring their feast. I'm sure the "still waitings" are jumping at the chance to add their numbers to the list.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

RTBIRD: You inadvertently put my name next to icrovop's data. I nearly fell out of my chair when I saw the high average miles per day. So I calculated it myself at current values of 145 days, 5500.3 miles, which is about 38 miles per day. I still get a lot of smiles per gallon, too.

Jimmy

Bought it on Saturday, 6/15 with 6.7 miles on the odometer, and currently have 362 miles on it. That's an average of 72.4 miles/day, but it WILL slow down. As soon as I can pry myself away from it ;-)

------------------
Red/Red Premium 02 Bird w/full accent
2001 Ford Cobra
1997 Chevy Blazer (for the dogs)

Got mine 9/15/01, now have a whopping 681 miles and won't get much more this year; going to Reno on Amtrak, expensive as hell but the meals and sleeping are great. Try a deluxe compartment and you'll see for yourself.

02 Bird black/black
94 Bird black/green
01 Lincoln metalic dark blue
6-year old black lab
31 ft. twin V8 sea rig

Gene246514,

Been there, done that. We took AMTRAK from Jackson, MS to Reno, a three night trip on the train. Great trip, have to have the delux sleeper. Due to a delay, we were able to see the Rockies in the daytime. We have made several trips on AMTRAK and recommend it to everybody. Hate to see all the talk in the news about their financial problems. Our next trip is to go to Canada on Amtrak and the Canadian railroad. Sorry to get our views out like this on train travel, but it is a fantastic way to see the USA.

4 months with bird now, just 650 miles, can`t seem to match time off with good weather. To-days weather looks great so we will take a drive to Niagra Falls just 30 min. away from us, then up to our summer home on Lake Erie.

Triple Black #3 of 5 .....7854

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back