Metro Atlanta T-Birds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joel;

I would be glad to assist. My job however takes me away from home and may hinder my assistance somewhat. The upside of that is that I get to travel the state and southeast region and get to see some off the beaten path spots and therefore might come across some good ideas for day trips and such.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Joel - I'm up in Roswell and don't have the new T-Bird yet but would be glad to help. I do feel that more toward Spring would be better (March?). I like the idea of the Outlet Mall up 400 North. Lots of room and people could come over a longer time span and shop if they desired. (Some might need another incentive to get Mama out on a Sat or Sun afternoon).

Just heard from my salesman and he said the vehicle is still not scheduled. I asked him to check the priority numbers for the vehicles he has ordered. I was told they were all 25's, so the orders should be scheduled by the input date - just want to make sure.

Once we get a meet scheduled, we should let our salespeople know and they can alert other buyers that we havn't reached over the board.

This would be a good opportunity for the decal manufacturer to set up a display (sell/take orders?) depending on the Mall rules. We should bring brochures, accessories, models, etc. so the others can see them up close before they buy.

CYA later, Duane

The Outlet Mall would be a good meeting location for Spring. I'm interested.

If anyone wants to meet for a more "casual" show, for the ones with and without cars anytime later in January or anytime in February I'd be interested.

Same with me. Varsity - upper deck for the earlier meeting might be okay since there are only 4 or 5 of us with cars at this point. It is somewhat central to everyone, considering Roswell, Gainesville, Duluth, Carrollton, Woodstock and Atlanta. Anywhere is fine with me.

For the earlier meet, I have another idea for a restaurant where we could park the cars together and spend some time sith the cars outside, but be able to get a large table just inside, where it's warm, and still be able to see and talk about the group of cars just outside the window... the place that I am thinking about is Papasitos at I-75 and Windy Hill Road. If we plan it for a mid-afternoon on a Saturday or a Sunday, the parking lot will be mostly empty and we can park our cars together and be able to meet each other and look at the cars. And the ones without cars can look at ours. We can then go inside and watch "outsider's" as they come to the restaurant and see our cars. They have great Mexican food and great drinks.

To start getting a general feel for a meeting date, I'll make a couple of suggestions that we meet on:

Sunday, January 20 at 3:00pm

or

Sunday, February 10 at 3:00pm

Any thoughts? Let's get it scheduled and let everyone know.

TbirdTim;

Most weekend dates are fine with me and me and the "Boss" love good Mexican food. The "Boss" has yet to see a Bird up close.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

I'll go ahead and set the date and the place, but this can change if too many of the "Atlanta-area" group objects:

The date for the initial meeting of the Atlanta-area Thunderbird owners and future owners will be on Sunday, January 20th at 3:00pm. We will meet at the parking lot just in front of Pappasitos Restaurant. The restaurant is located off of Windy Hill Road, just beside I-75, on the East side of the interstate. It is extremely easy to get to from most anywhere in town.

This will be an informal group meeting for everyone to get to know each other and to view the cars. We can then get a large table just in front of the large plate glass windows at the restaurant, to view the cars from the warmth of the restaurant, while enjoying some great Mexican food and drink.

If there should be rain or snow falling on January 20th, we will schedule a backup date of February 10th at 3:00pm at the same location.

Anyone interested?

Of course, the gathering is also open to spouses, significant others and friends!

It is also welcome for those who haven't yet ordered cars, but share the same enthusiasm for Thunderbird's as the rest of us.

Tbird Tim, I will definetely be there papasito's on Windy Hill road off of I75 near Marietta on Sunday jan 20 at 3:00PM. Sounds like a fun idea. i hope the rest of you will ALL be there. this could be the start of something fun and great.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

I'll be there too, but I hope you send e-mail to everyone on your list to try to get a good size group out there.

Joel: -- I checked on my blue bird and it's still unlisted, so I don't think you'l gain much advantage by working out a trade with me. However, I'll keep you posted and we can decide as time goes by.

David, thanks for the response. You never know...you could get it two or three months before mine is due. Keep me posted and hopefully we will see each other at Papasito's on the 20th.

------------------

I have everything set for us at Pappasitos on the 20th. I just left the restaurant, after speaking to the manager. We will have a large room with a long table to ourselves, overlooking our cars in the parking lot. Parking will supposedly be blocked-off in an area in front of the windows for our cars. The management of the restaurant is so excited that we chose their restaurant for our meet. They have not had anything like this there yet!

Good deal, TBirdTim. Thanks for making this happen....hpoefully we will have a good turnout. i look forward to it.

------------------

Obviously the thread got moved by accident. Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that I thought it was another Atlanta dealers for sale topic. Gimme a change to move it back if it happens again.

Tbird

[The other Atlanta thread seems to have disappeared, so I'll try to recreate my previous reply.]

One of the effects of starting offsite mailing lists may be to diffuse the focus of the strong community we've built here. I enjoy hearing what others are doing on a local level, even when I cannot participate directly.

One alternative might be to have separate forums on this board for regional interest groups. That way everyone could pick up ideas for planning similar events for their area. I think the moderator has expressed concerns about creating too much complexity in the hierarchy for new members, however. Just a thought...

Originally posted by tr cruiser:
[The other Atlanta thread seems to have disappeared, so I'll try to recreate my previous reply.]

The other thread did not disappear, I deleted it when I moved this one back into the forum. 10 topics a day is not enough to spread everything out into different interests. It's a pain surfing from category to category looking at 1 new topic in each one.
When/If the group gets big enough we will be able to have more specific topic areas.

TBird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back