Lug Nut Torque

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've looked in the owner's manual and also in the trunk, but cannot find any info saying what the wheel lug nut torque should be. Anyone have this info?

Thanks,

KB

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I had my tires rotated at the local Ford dealer and we spent quite a bit of time looking for that exact information. It is not in the manual, but it is in their tech books, 100ft/lbs is exactly correct.

tongue.gif
sixbits75, I may be mistaken on this one but I think that that is 2 and 1/2 squeaks on that one.

sixbets75, if you can get the T-Bird then you can get a torque wrench.

Maybe Santa can bring it in from the north pole for you this year.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

-

-

Gobird, I was just kidding about the two - three squeaks. For years I've heard old mechanics refer to the number of squeaks as representing the number of ft/lbs.

yellow/yellow/premium #4370

Jodrod, yes I am a Gators and Alabama fan. I was born and lived in Florida until after high school. With the latest developments at Alabama, I don't expect them to do much for the next several years. What do you think the new coach at Florida will do next year?

rolleyes.gif
sixbits 75, Just kidding about that. I knew what you meant. But it may be pretty close to the truth.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

While at the Ford service dept yesterday, we asked about the torque spec on the wheels. Quoting from a copy of the 2002 Specifications book, page C-176, "Wheel Nuts 135Nm/100 Lb-Ft".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back