Lug Nut Torque

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I had my tires rotated at the local Ford dealer and we spent quite a bit of time looking for that exact information. It is not in the manual, but it is in their tech books, 100ft/lbs is exactly correct.

tongue.gif
sixbits75, I may be mistaken on this one but I think that that is 2 and 1/2 squeaks on that one.

sixbets75, if you can get the T-Bird then you can get a torque wrench.

Maybe Santa can bring it in from the north pole for you this year.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

-

-

-

Gobird, I was just kidding about the two - three squeaks. For years I've heard old mechanics refer to the number of squeaks as representing the number of ft/lbs.

yellow/yellow/premium #4370

Jodrod, yes I am a Gators and Alabama fan. I was born and lived in Florida until after high school. With the latest developments at Alabama, I don't expect them to do much for the next several years. What do you think the new coach at Florida will do next year?

rolleyes.gif
sixbits 75, Just kidding about that. I knew what you meant. But it may be pretty close to the truth.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

While at the Ford service dept yesterday, we asked about the torque spec on the wheels. Quoting from a copy of the 2002 Specifications book, page C-176, "Wheel Nuts 135Nm/100 Lb-Ft".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back