Keyless Pad on Door

jjtbird

jjtbird

Lifetime Subscriber
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I soooooo miss the keyless remote door pad on this Tbird. I have searched and re-searched and am confused by the ads. I want something very similar to the one on my Lincoln and Explorer... or at least one that works the same.
I am also afraid of some jerk tearing up the interior to experiment with wires and connections.
I am willing to have the door panel cut to insert the pad if very professional installation is the result.
Maybe someone has another thought or suggestion.....
Come on guys I know very few folks post answers but... I know I am not the only one with this thought...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

what year is your car?

I have thought of hiding an extra key fob somewhere maybe with hot glue. behind the tag ?
I know what is going to happen...and when I lock my keys inside.....that is too painful to even think about.

I have thought of hiding an extra key fob somewhere maybe with hot glue. behind the tag ?
I know what is going to happen...and when I lock my keys inside.....that is too painful to even think about.

Even if you could add a keypad to the door, it would cost more than calling a locksmith 5-10 times.

Why don't you just buy a magnet case? They have them here on Amazon.com you will notice in the reviews someone posted they were hit by a drunk driver and the key was still on the car frame after the wreck so they don't go anywhere.

masterlock.jpg

Good advice, I remember those things from years ago,,,, glad to know they are still around.

Back