ISO replacement 1959 Master Cylinder

PaulB

PaulB

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I just had my front wheels converted to disc brakes (rear remain drum brakes) but now I need to change my master cylinder to a dual reservoir with proportioning valve. I went online to find one and there are so many models and variations I'm totally confused and ignorant which one is the right one. I could use some advice from you experts. Any suggestions as to brand and model to purchase and who to buy it from. Thank you.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've heard lots of good things about Willwood components.

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to Summit Racing, they sell from Leeds Brakes a master cylinder with rear bias adjustment. I put unit on my 59 two years ago. I have 4 wheel disc on car now. The 59 master cylinder has 4 bolts for mounting, The Leads unit uses 2 of the original studs on the firewall, easy installation. If you have the original A/C unit there isn’t room for new vacuum booster. Without A/C ,8 inch booster can be used. The Kelsey Hayes brake bellows under dash can be left in place and used if a firewall mounted vacuum booster is not used. Sounds confusing sorry but be sure to bench bleed new mast cylinder before firewall mounting.

Back