inspiration yellow paint

Status
Not open for further replies.
i recently got a chip in my bumper the size of a nickel, body shop tried 3 times to repaint bumper, cannot get the color to match. anyone else have this problem? paint color is inspiration yellow

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Ahochst, welcome to the forum. Your inquiry made me curious as my blue T-bird has two very small chips (on the hood & door). If you click on "search" on this forum and enter the keywords "paint chip", you will see some related discussion -- although not in direct response to your query about the inspiration yellow color. For example, see http://www.fordthunderbirdforum.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000421.html. Hope this helps.

btw, my plan is to do nothing about the current chips on my T-bird. They are about the size of this capital letter "O" and are not noticeable unless you are looking for "flaws", which as we all know just give our T-birds their own unique character.
smile.gif

My Inspiration Yellow Bird came from the factory with one chip on the truck trailing edge and a same scratch in each door opening threshold. The dealer wanted to paint half of the car and I refused. I went to a local body shop, Accent Body Shop and the filled the areas & touched up and the colors match perfectly.

------------------
Yellow/Yellow Prem. 02 Bird w/full accent
1999 F150 Super Cab 4x4 Off Road
1998 Taurus SE Sport 24V

To thaser:

I had a chip on my door about the same size as your's My bird is blue. I bought the touch up paint from the dealer. The parts guy told how to do it and it worked really good. First He said you clean the area with denatured alcohol then take a very small abount of paint on the end of the brush and touch the area. Wait about 15 min. to dry and put another very small amount on the area. Keep doing this about 5-7 times or until the chip looks like it's filled flush with the original paint then after it dries thouroghly, light buff the area with rubbing compound and re-was.

You'll hardley see it.

im20agn,
Thanks for the tip. I have to take my T-bird in for oil change #1 in a couple weeks and I will discuss this with them. Your input is extremely useful background info for me. I may attempt to fix the small door chip. If I'm really successful, I <might> be brave enough to take a shot at the small hood chip (it's on the very edge of the hood scoop). Thanks again!

it is alot cheaper to install the invisible bra. now i don't have to worry about chips. you should try it. you can barely see it on my inspiration yellow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back