How did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TbirdMarty

VIP Contributor
Last seen
I got the call this morning 04/01 that my Bird had come in. My dealer wants a day to get it preped but said I could come down and do a little pre-drooling if I wanted to. When I got there I had the shock of my life. There sat my blue Bird in all it's glory with only one thing wrong. It had a "Gold Package" applied to it. I'm not sure what to think about this. Can anyone out there tell me how this might have happened? Is this a screw-up from the plant, because I know I did not order this on the car. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I didn't even know that there was a gold package for the Thunderbird... I would take the car but have everything "gold" replaced. It sounds like a dealer add-on and not a factory installed item.

Oh, one more thing, CONGRATULATIONS on the arrival of your car! The "gold" situation has to be a bit frustrating, but it's something that can be changed.

Don't remember who, but a while back someone else mentioned the "gold package" and I believe it was decided that this was a dealer installed thing. I was unaware of any type of package like that.

If you don't find it totally objectionable it would definately make for a unique Bird.

The dealer might have had it earlier than they told you, so that they could add the gold package and charge you extra for it. You would think that a dealer would have better taste than to put gold on that shade of blue. I could understand any of the other colors, but not a blue Thunderbird!

I have to run some errands today and will go back by the dealer and try to get some photos to post.

------------------

Would you describe the "gold package"? Would help our understanding of what you're talking about. I can see us envisioning gold trim & gold wheels when it may only be a gold key or just an April Fools Day joke.

TBirdMarty, You car came in 10 days early!!!!!

darn, I hate it when that happens.

Congratulations, the gold package absolutely DOES NOT come from the factory.

But take the car and tell them to call you later when the replacement emblems come in.

Now if mine will come in a couple of days early and flybrd gets her VIN we will be all set.

Post your wife's reaction when she sees the car . Good luck....and maybe the gold package with a fake vinyl/landau cover for the hardttop will qualify you as a certified Florida geezer.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

tongue.gif
I agree with tr Cruiser, it is April 1st.

-

-

I hope no one was very put out over my April Fools joke. Actually, the joke is probably on me because my car isn't in yet ("Gold Package" or not). I was going to offer to swap with you joel but it didn't take this crowd long to catch on. My Bird is scheduled for delivery next week and the seconds seem to be draging by. Once again, Happy April Fools Day.

------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back