Heater/AC Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lheverly

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi, I have a 2002 T-Bird that started to not hold the temperature when I set the temp to 70 deg. If I set it to 60 the A/C works, and when I set it to 90 the heater works. Any other temp it won’t hold the temp, it could blow cold air or hot air. The dealer still has the car trying to figure it out. They put a new dual flow control valve in, and the central control that is in the dash. It is still not fixed. The mechanic has a T-Bird so he is going to check the sensors from his car. Anyone have this issue before?

MODERATOR NOTE 2020- See this thread for Air Conditioning troubleshooting- https://forums.fordthunderbirdforum...ne-side-2002-2003-2004-2005-thunderbird.9446/

Last edited by a moderator:

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Use the search function for; "ac hot and cold" you'll find plenty of answers. But be sure to read through the entire threads, since different people got different sollutions

Thanks George, appreciate your post. I looked at the posts, unfortunately they are not exactly like my issue, the vents on both sides are acting the same way. Acting almost like the cabin sensor isn’t working correctly. The ford dealer has had the car now for 2.5 weeks so if it ever gets fixed I will post the solution. - Thanks

Heater/A/C Fixed

The Ford Dealer was able to fix my problem. They replaced the Climate Control Head Ford P/N# FO1W6Z19980AA ($707 part & Labor).

Thanks for the update. I wish everyone would post like that - Issue, resolution and part numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back