GOOD DEALERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
CannedWolf,

BIG DITTO on Shamrock Ford in Pleasanton, CA. They treated us very well! We saw the T- Bird for the first time on Saturday, January 5, 2002, when we stopped by the dealership on the way to the 1st Raiders-Jets game. Our salesman, Marques, met us out front and showed us the black T-Bird on the showroom floor. Someone else had canceled their order. We had never seen or sat in a 2002 T-Bird in-person before. We made a fair offer then, which was turned down by the Big Weekend Manager. The Sales Manager, Ralph, fought to give us the best deal possible and asked us several times to stop by the next weekend when we came up for the Raiders-Jets playoff game. The next weekend we stopped by the dealership to see and test-drive the T-bird. That was all she wrote! We decided that we had to have our ?Raiders? T-Bird. Kim called Marques back on Jan. 14 and closed the deal over the phone. Marques worked with us on the sale by driving 180 miles down to Fresno on Jan. 15 to pick up Kim and bring her back up to the dealership so she could drive the T-Bird back home that afternoon. She loved every second of the drive home with other drivers slowing and looking at the T-Bird.

------------------
Gerry & Kim's
Triple Black Premium

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Carlsbad: Ken Grody Ford

"Ski" Wisniewski, Jr. Fleet and Sales Manager.

Did a great job for me including a follow-up call a day later to see if all was OK.

------------------
Chuck

Originally posted by thenewtbird2:
Deviating from the standards offered hasn't been the case with the 2002 Thunderbird that we know of. Ford has seemed adamant in sticking with the original plans for the colors. There have been no reports of anyone being able to change the standard color combos on their orders but there have been changes made after the cars have arrived at the dealers & aftermarket.

As for the 2003, nothing official has leaked out to us about the interiors for next year other than that white inserts may be offered. We're not even sure of the colors that will be offered for the interiors for 03.

You're the first to say that a dealer is willing to put a black & blue interior with a black car for 03. It's reports like that that get us searching for more info. The only real word we've heard is that the dealers won't be able to start placing orders with Ford for the cars until sometime in May. The rest have been unofficial "rumors"

There were some dealers in 2000 that started receiving the info on the 2002 colors in October, 2000 - 3 months before the dealers were allowed to place orders for the cars so it's quite possible for some dealers to already have the info now for the 2003.

Concerning the blue interior with Black exterior, I asked my parents and they said according the 03 Dealers ordering guide for the Thunderbird, it could be ordered that way. Thats were they said the info came from.

I have to add my dealer to this list. It is Gene Evans Ford in Union City, Ga. These guys have stood by everything they have promised from day one. I got my Bird at MSRP, got registered for the "Manage the Wait" fiasco, and these guys have even given me the Michael Lamm book and one of their dealer Thunderbird promotional books. I have never done business with them before but I will buy all my Ford products from them from now on. They are a big volume dealer but I was treated very special. I was even allowed to talk to the owner himself to relay my experiences with his dealership. We have a small time Chevy dealer here in Carrollton and I was told by their manager that under no circumstances would I be allowed to talk with the owner to relay some concerns I had about the treatment I received at his dealership. (So much for small town friendly). Needless to say I don't buy cars from this guy anymore. But back to my good dealer-- I would recommend Gene Evans to anyone in the Atlanta area for any of their Ford needs. They are a large volume Mustang dealer and carry a huge supply of Ford trucks including several Harley and Lightning trucks. Dang, you would think I was one of their salespeople. Ask for Patrick Greer or the sales manager Bob Winairczyk if you visit them. They stand behind what they promise.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Salesman Vic Schwan and Hemborg Ford, Norco, California are definately in the GOOD DEALERS category. I began talking with Vic back in February after a post on this site from Clebus (Thanks Clebus, your post helped my dream become a reality). After my attepts to buy a car Vic had in Hemborg's showroom failed(shipping problems), Vic said I could order the car I wanted from them at list +$995, and they would do a courtesy delivery from Wixom to Dimension West Ford in my hometown of Ft. Wayne, IN. Then when the car arrived and Vic had me wire transfer payment, he said forget the $995 and he did the deal at the list price. Dealing with Vic Schwan is the most pleasant car buying experience I've had in my 33 years of buying new cars.

An additional good guy hat should go to Jim Robinson at Dimension Ford West. Jim worked with me for over a year to try and put me in a new TBird but couldn't get it done as all local dealers were asking $5-10,000 over list for their allocations. Nevertheless, when I needed to arrange for the courtesy dealer, Jim was extremely helpful in putting me in touch with all of the right people and making sure my car was handled properly upon arrival. So if anyone in Northeast Indiana is looking for a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury vehicle, Jim Robinson is your guy.

------------------
2002 blue/blue/full blue
2001 Toyota Highlander
1990 Acura Integra

c5hardtop,

I don't think the '03 order guide has been released yet, I've been watching for it. I'm sure the '03 options are set and dealers have been told what to expect. When I see something in writing, I'll let you know.

I highly recommend Griffith Ford of Carroll, Iowa. Salesman Drew Beeber was excellent. Great people.

I would not, however, recommend Maibach Ford of Orrville, Ohio. The owner agreed to a bird at MSRP a year in advance of the opening of orders being placed. When Ford permitted orders to be placed, he wanted $ 10,000 over MSRP.

How about a pair of good dealers!

Gulf Coast Ford in Crystal River, Florida sold me #6 of 5 (first one in 2003) at just a little over MSRP. My salesman knew how badly I wanted one so he worked a deal with Heritage Ford in Wesley Chapel Florida to sell me the red/red 2002 they had for the same price I got in Crystal River.

Jim

I'm not sure if you'd call this a good dealer or just a hungry dealer, but according to their ad in today's Chronicle, Peninsula Ford became one of the first dealerships in the Bay Area to advertise 4 new T-birds for MSRP. They really are base price, so I'm guessing they must be deluxe w/o hardtop. Half a year ago their best deal was $10K over. Looks like the price bubble really has burst.

-

Ordered my bird from Capitol Ford in San Jose, Ca in 1/01, for MSRP. Dealership sold to Sonic (a big national conglomerate) and the new folks agreed to honor my MSRP deal.
Dave Kreitner was excellent during the wait for my #3 of 36, and he and I exchange information weekly as he delivers the later cars. Dave Schmitz in service is also terrific, and has attended to my every need.
The dealership name changed to Friendly Ford the day after I picked up my car. It's on Capital Expressway in San Jose.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back