First ding--OUCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vmoore

Supporting Contributor
Last seen
Just experienced my first ding. Was a sitting duck at a red light when a doofus crossed solid line to get into left hand turn lane. Legal left turner hit him, causing him to hit me in the rear. Basically, only bumper affected. Expected a replacement bumper, but body shop tells me, no, they will restore it. It's only a scrape, but how do they rebuild the rubber/plastic, whatever it is???

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

vmoore:
Sorry to hear anout that ding. As long as you warn that repair shop that the job should end up looking just as it was originally built.
In fact, if it was me, I would only take it to a certified Blue Oval Ford dealer that has a body shop. At least there you're assured of the proper Ford paint match, not someone trying to get close. Also those dealers want you for their next potential customer.
Good luck

Definitely have it at a Ford dealership for repairs. Just wonder how they are going to fix an ugly bumper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back