FIRE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks...

Tonite, when you can, please remember us in prayer here in Arizona...the fires are raging out of control up north, and we're losing hundreds of acres of prime timber an hour. WE NEED RAIN DESPERATELY as that's the only thing that will put this out.

Before this fire, Arizona had the largest standing of Ponderosa Pines in the world! We have lost almost 350,000 acres to this fire as of last count...

My folks' retirement home is in danger of being devoured by this fire...thousands are being displaced...it is a very, very sad situation.

thanks...

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Already been thinking about you guys up there. Already in our prayers.
Here in Florida I'm ready to check to see if the Bird can float. Some places here have got up to 10 inches of rain in the last 5 days.

RTBRD,

I really hate to post this since JimBob said they are hurting for a lot of rain, but I saw a blurb on one of the news stations that said Tampa has had three days of rain with major flooding. Had a picture of several cars under water. Are you guys O.K.?

Here in south Florida we've had over 15 inches of rain in the last 3 days! People are trapped in their homes and many have been flooded out. In my neighborhood alone, we had 9 inches of rain this past Sunday. Thankfully the floodwaters have stayed primarily in the roadways and the yard. It has rained here daily for the past 3 weeks straight. I'm not talking about a sprinkling either. Major deluges of thundershowers and major lightening strikes too!

JimBob, wish we could run a hose directly to the areas in need in Arizona, as we've had more than our share of needed rain.

KB

I'm here in the Ft. Lauderdale area of florida and I with we could give you guys in arizona our rain. I don't think we've had a completely rain free day in over a month. As to flooding florida is on a bed of limestone sand and rock and surrounded by drainage ditches to keep the everglades under control. So when it floods its because we have gotten uber rain falls but it gets absorbed or diverted very quickly afterwards. Where are you guys located RazzFla and T02 Bird? And JimBob I remember when the whole middle of our state was on fire. Scarry! Goodluck.

here in Tampa the weather has played havoc with our little league practices for the all-star tournaments this weekend. Good news is no leaks with my hardtop on with all the downpours I've been caught in. Rains so hard you can't see the car in front of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back