Engine light

Aquarius

Aquarius

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
This has happened twice now in the last month. On a cruise and after a stop, I notice engine light was on. No difference in the way car was responding, temp was right, running smooth. Loosened gas cap, but still remained on, about a half hour later it went off. Second time I noticed it was after idling car for about 15 minutes it came on again and eventually went out the next day. Anybody have this happen before? Should I be worried?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

This has happened twice now in the last month. On a cruise and after a stop, I notice engine light was on. No difference in the way car was responding, temp was right, running smooth. Loosened gas cap, but still remained on, about a half hour later it went off. Second time I noticed it was after idling car for about 15 minutes it came on again and eventually went out the next day. Anybody have this happen before? Should I be worried?
Which engine light is doing the dance?

Like the man says you have 2 choices, go to a service shop or buy a code reader. If the MIL light (picture of engine) comes on, then a code has been set and can be read by the correct code reader. All service shops can read engine issues but not all can do all repairs as some repairs can only be done by a Ford dealer. Anytime a module must be replaced it must be programmed and only Ford can do that. Anytime an update must be done on a module, only Ford can do that! After market devices will not write program.
I had the similar issue with my GM Avalanche, the MIL light would come on occasionally then go off, however, the codes which were set would stay in the computer. My issue was a fuel pump module, which had been replaced to correct a similar issue to yours and incorrectly installed by no less than a GM dealer. Your problem is intermittent which is why the light goes out, however, the codes will stay there for some period of time after the fault clears.
It would be a good idea to have it checked or at least download the codes to see what the issue is.

Sound advice, thanks all I'll check it out at my ford dealer.

I had the same problem in my 05 Bird and it turned out to be the O2 sensor was dirty. We took it out and cleaned it and seems to cure the problem. I also run Seafoam fuel additive in the gas every so often and it keeps the O2 sensor clean. Good Luck Rick

Back