Driver Seat Heater keeps failing

04tbirdjerry

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
my 2004 driver side seat heater has been replaced twice and currently isn't working again. Pass side is orig and no problems. Is there a fix?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

my 2004 driver side seat heater has been replaced twice and currently isn't working again. Pass side is orig and no problems. Is there a fix?

My 2004 seat heater has failed as well. last service we had mechanic sd couldn't find 'part' as didn't make anymore. I don't know what part he was ref to or if he really even tried. I hvnt tried very hard to find solution but would be curious to know what you have had done that 'keeps failing' as ours is just 'out' & hvnt had it fixed the FIRST time yet.

My 2004 seat heater has failed as well. last service we had mechanic sd couldn't find 'part' as didn't make anymore. I don't know what part he was ref to or if he really even tried. I hvnt tried very hard to find solution but would be curious to know what you have had done that 'keeps failing' as ours is just 'out' & hvnt had it fixed the FIRST time yet.

I was hoping someone on this forum had an answer. Both times it was replaced, they kept my car for about a week, so it created a hassle factor that I was not willing to do a third time, considering I only got one winter out of each repair. I've been driving it without a functioning heated seat for about 7 years.

I was hoping someone on this forum had an answer. Both times it was replaced, they kept my car for about a week, so it created a hassle factor that I was not willing to do a third time, considering I only got one winter out of each repair. I've been driving it without a functioning heated seat for about 7 years.
Jerry, had the whole center stack out of my '03 to replace the radio/cd. Put back together and passenger seat would not heat. (my co-pilot uses every time she gets in-I don't use) took apart and so there was enough wire to switch locations.. Switched, back together and still driver heats and still no passenger heat. Took apart and see as I did not loosen the driver selector panel, it was a tight fit and when banging it in, I unseated the passenger connector.

Back