Does Anybody Use Their DSP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without checking for confirmation, I have my audio set for Jazz, and may be for driver's seat, since I'm normally alone for each flight. I tried the other settings out of curiosity, but went back to the J setting---seems the church and stadium settings were too echo-y. News setting was just flat. Haven't experimented with differing settings too much...not nearly as much as I played with the graphic equalizer that was on my 1987 LX.

One of my customers has an auto stereo dealership, and sells the aftermarket units to the kids who have more money than they have sense. He keeps telling me that the aftermarket systems are so very superior to the factory units....I'm sorry, but I cannot tell a lick of difference in his multithousand $$ systems and the premium systems that I've had on each Thunderbird. Tone deaf, hard of hearing, whatever...those units are not worth the difference in the cost of adding them to the car. I'm guessing that the audio engineers who designed these systems, particularly with the computer assist today, have a better read of what is needed for the acoustics of the cabins of the car than do the folks selling the aftermarket systems.

11,000+ miles, and other than the bumps that careless parking idiots have added to Amadeus, I would not change a single, solitary thing about this first year production car...unless I can add an outside airbag/laser anti-other-car system to protect the exterior of my '02 Blue.

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I've never liked DSP on any system. Thank goodness DD 5.1/6.1 and DTS came along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back