Disappointing News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I posted this in another thread, but it looks like I won't be getting my baby this weekend. It seems to be MIA at this point. 800# says that it's at the ramp, but the trucking people at the railhead have no info on my car. I even went sofar as to call my contacts at the plant and got the railcar number to no avail. Seems that there's no record of this railcar arriving on said date. Someone even thought it may still be in Detroit, but I find that almost impossible to believe. Both me and my salesman are quite perplexed at this point. I find it very hard to believe that noone at Ford can pinpoint exactly where a car is.

Another disappointing piece of info for those of you waiting...The plant was shut down today due to the weather. Not enough people showed up to get the plant up and running. Guess they'll be about 114 cars behind now.

Oh well....the wait continues

KB

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I feel sad for you after reading about you problem, however I wouldn’t be surprised if your car shows up anyway. I have found that as time goes more and more people just don’t care anymore. Work habits aren’t what they use to be. Customer service is a joke at most companies. How could the possibly be missing a rail car full of cars? Someone forgot to write something down in the log or put a wrong number in the computer.

Because I have purchased a new Thunderbird I have been encouraged to find out that there are nice decent people out there, from all over the country. People who truly care about someone else other then themselves. This forum has brought together a group of people from all walks of life, income brackets and geographic areas to share the ups and downs we have all experience while purchasing this car. Every night when I get home I’m anxious to hear the news from the other members of this board. I share in their joy of hearing their car just came in, or the joy they experienced from their first ride. I also share in the sadness we have heard, people loosing their jobs, problems with their car and problems with their car dealer. I guess what I am trying to say is that it is really nice to have a place to share our feelings with good folks from around the country.

PS Bad news about the snow, my car was supposed to be built this week.

Your car could be at a different rail head. Mine went to Kansas City and then to Amarillo. My dealer located in KC and tried to get it on a truck, but could not. It was trucked from Amarillo to Beaver, Oklahoma.

------------------
Bill's Red and White #4359

T02,

It's out there somewhere. When the 800# told us our car was at the ramp we got excited only to find out later that it was a ramp in TN where it was transferred from one rail car to another. Hang in there.

READ THIS !!!
NJ HAS LOADS OF TBIRDS. ALMOST ALL GOING FOR 5 TO 10 OVER. SO I KNOW OF A DEALER THAT HAS A CAR EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE I HAVE ORDERED FOR A YEAR. (BLUE/BLUE/FULL). I CALLED AND TOLD THEM I WOULD PURCHASED IT FOR MSRP.THIS WAS AT 6PM EST TONIGHT.GUESS WHAT'S IN MY GARAGE AT 9PM.(THE OTHER DEALER SAID THE ONE I HAVE ON ORDER WILL NOT BE IN FOR A COUPLE OF MONTHS AND 2 OVER.)
REMEMBER.........LAST DAY OF THE MONTH. IT DOES WORK.

Good for you, 02thunderbird.
I have the same car exacxtly on order...also for a year...also won't be here for 2 months....so I tried the exact same thing you did this week...dealer near my house has 4 'Birds, one of them is blue/blue/full blue premium. Would not budge off of $10K over sticker. Mine is at MSRP. But I was hoping the end of the month sctick would work. No dice.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: 10 of 18

THE END OF THE MONTH THING WORKS. I BOUGHT MINE FROM A 1/1 DEALER. HE STARTED AT 10,000 OVER, BOUGHT IT NOV. 30 AT 1500 OVER. IT TOO WAS SITTING IN MY GARAGE AT 7PM. (STILL WAITING FOR MY SALESMAN TO UPDATE ME ON THE 10/16 ON ORDER--PLACED THE CALL IN OCT.) HAPPY MOTORING 02TBIRD

UPDATE!

Well, I called the contact at the railhead, and she was able to put a trace out on the VIN. Apparently what BornAgain said is, in fact, the same as what happened to my car. It was put onto a different railcar yesterday at the mixing center, (wherever that may be) and is expected at the railhead either over the weekend or on Monday. If all goes according to plan I should be picking up my 'bird either Thursday or Friday. (Exactly 8 months to the day since I started this whole 'project')

At least my baby isn't lost!

Have a great weekend everyone!

KB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back