CHROME BEZEL

Status
Not open for further replies.
R
What is the best way to replace the existing bezel with the chrome? Now I know the obvious answer is to take it to the dealership, but have any of you done it yourselves? Thanks again to Gobird for the Fuller Ford tip...the new mats are great!

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Remove carefully the underhood sound deadening material, then you will see the scoop which is held in by clips. Carefully using a pair of pliers squeeze the clips and the old bezel will pop right out then just push the chrome one in and re clip up the material

Redbirdsal, JRL is correct. At the North Jersey Thunderbird SHow I helped someone put it on their car. It took all of about 10 Mins. (I had done mine, so I had some experence) But you should take your time, it's very easy.

------------------
2002 Black/Black/Full Red
1957 Starmist Blue

What JRL said is correct. He did not mention that the sound deadening is held in place by about ten "buttons" that all you have to do is work your fingers under and just pull out. Once you lower the deadening barrier you then have access to the back of the bezel. I did mine by myself in about ten minutes and me and joelja did his in about the same time. It's really a simple operation.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back