CD-RW Compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know whether newer audio systems (in our birds) should have a problem playing CD-RW's? (burned CD's) My player started out fine, but then began spitting out my burned CD's saying 'bad disc'. They all play just fine on my Supercrew's cd player. Had the dealer install a new unit, which has been working fine with 'store bought' CD's, but I'm hesitant to play my burned 'compilation' CD's in the new unit because of what happened last time.
Any audiophiles out there?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have no problems playing burned disks. The only thing I can think of the session has to be closed on a CD-RW disk. Let us know how you make out. Mike

------------------
(2)Turbo Coupes
Yellow 2002 11528 in the shed

I have no problems either with these. Someone was on an earlier post but I think that had to do with lables on the cd. I don't use them on mine.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
a dog a cat and a couple hundred fish in my pond

Me either. Almost all my CD's are one I burned myself. Are you sure you are "closing" them properly when you finish making them before you take them out of the computer? Using CD Creator, there are 3 options. One of them specifically says to use it to make the CD usable in ANY player.

Try the cd in your home stereo or jambox. What they are saying is most likely correct, the cd hasn't been "Closed." If it hasn't been closed, it may play on your computer, but with any other stereo it will not play. You should be able to go back in and close it.

I thought I read someplace that it is not recommended playing your own burned CD's. At least don't stack them. I'll will try to find where I saw this.

jt2233: - They are probably concerned with the labels peeling off when they get hot. There is no difference between a home burned CD and a store bought one. All it is is glass. Although I use paper labels, I yse good ones that are impossible to peel off once they are on. However, it is better NOT to put on a label and just use a permanent marker to identify them. Don't be concerned about using home CD's, they can't do any harm to your T-Bird player.

Thanks for the replys, gang. I'll double- check my CD-RW's to be sure they are 'closed-session' and shove 'em back in the 'bird.
I also went through the owners manual and could find no reference to using CD-R's or CD-RW's in the stereo, so must be OK.
(Luv that 'top down' mode on the menu!)

RTBRD- I'll ckeck my sticker info and get it to you soon. Thanx

BTW: Why use CDRW's anyway. The cost of "RW's" is so much highter than regular CD'R's, why not simply burn a cd-r and be done with it? They cost about $.50 vs. $5-6:00 for RW's.

Sometimes if you try to cram too many songs on a disc (ie 14 or so), the processor in the bird will reject it as a bad disc. This is an intermittent phenomenon. I had a few problems with Roxio easy CD creator and now I use NERO (a free program from Nero.com)...No problems. The Memorex labels like to peel at the edges. Just use a permanent marker (ie SHARPIE). Make sure you are burning in WMA format (a default card audio format). If any problems let me know as I have over 6gb of music and have had no problem using it in the FORD 6 disc changer (explorer and tbird). MAKE SURE YOU BUY GOOD CD-R'S and burn a little slower than the stated speed as buffer underuns can make a coaster (bad disc)

tleslie:

I agree with you about problems when cramming the disk full. Last week I tried putting 19 songs on an 80 minute high quality CDR and it works in every player I have except the T-bird's. I saw your post and burned another disk the same way but dropped one song from the playlist. My confidence level was low so I put in the cheapest blank CDR I have and it works great in the bird. I burned another today and left more than five minutes of blank capacity and it is fine also. I am grateful for that tip. Thanks.

JimmyFitz
Blue premium/Blue top/full Blue accent #9429
Austin, Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back