Car not exceeding 2,000 rpm

Gennotti
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I had just replaced the egr valve and a air hose when all of a sudden I get back on the road and my car isn’t going past 2,000 rpm the car almost feels like it’s stuck in that gear. I can still reach high speeds but it’s sounds like I’m putting a lot of force on the engine, It sounds like the car isn’t properly shifting from gear to gear. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.

I wouldn’t drive the car at high speed any more until you check it out. It sounds like it is something related to the computer. You might have the wrong EGR Valve or something simple like a discounted wire. I would take it to a good mechanic or tranny shop and have it checked out. Good luck Rick

I had just replaced the egr valve and a air hose when all of a sudden I get back on the road and my car isn’t going past 2,000 rpm the car almost feels like it’s stuck in that gear. I can still reach high speeds but it’s sounds like I’m putting a lot of force on the engine, It sounds like the car isn’t properly shifting from gear to gear. Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sounds like your catalytic converter is bad. Does your car seem kind of slow during aceleration on hwy? I am willing to bet you never needed to buy that egr valve. Keep me informed. Check at catalytic converter. Phil

Back