Car Covers

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I have used mine a few times. Overnight it kept condensation off the seats in the morning. Keeps the interior cooler on hot,sunny days. Not designed as a rain cover.

Museumprod
Is the cover difficult to install (more than 5 minutes)? How does it act in high wind conditions and will it protect from a small rain shower? Thanks for any help, just trying to find out performance and any little tricks without trail and error (my normal method).

I use mine quite a bit. As for ease of installation, certainly less than 5 minutes.

As mentioned before wasn't designed as a rain cover. If you put the windows up it would be ok for a light shower (I think). I personally wouldn't perform that test.

Pretty well fastened to the car with the elastic bands fitting around the door handles, velcro straps around the mirrors and fasten to the windshield wipers, then the 3 anchor straps in the trunk well.

Great for keeping dust, bird droppings and leaves out of the interior and keeping interior cooler. Nice that it covers the dash and windshield.

Great product for what it was designed to do.

My I ask were you ordered the cover? I know I'm jumping the gun a litte. I've just put in an ordered for a 2003 bird. First on on my dealers list of 03's.

-

tbird2003,
I bought the cover from Covercraft for $59.95. I think someone on this board is making a cover also just like this one for $79.99 (I think) from Z Solutions. You would have to check the archives on car covers to see for sure. I seen the Covercraft model on ebay and impulse bought it, wish I could quit that. Both covers work exactly the same from what I could tell from photographs. I received a ups delivery notification this afternoon looks like I can see for myself come Tuesday.

Originally posted by KeithS:
WE have one at www.TBirdSolutions.com We have our cover made from NOAH, a very high quality fabric that provides great performance. The price difference is due to the quality of the fabric.

Thanks Keith, I received mine today and you are right mine is cotton/poly. I called covercraft and they told me I could order with NOHA and several other fabrics but would have to do so through a dealer like Autozone or PepBoys. The cotton/poly should work ok for my purposes just wanted to cover the car while in the garage so dust and water droplets (when the garage door goes up)didn't wind up on the seats. The fit is real nice and and goes on very quickly, but the NOHA material would have been a bonus otherwise I'm happy and saved a few buck in the process.

can someone explain to me why you would use one of these instead of putting the top up. it takes me less than sixty seconds to put the top up, even with the cover on, its weather tight, does everything one of these would do, and since none of us is flush with storage space, requires no additional storage or purchase for that matter. am i missing something, or is this a product developed to fill a need that doesn't exist?

------------------
Gary L Henkel

Gary - I kind of see where your coming from. Only real advantage I could see would be keeping car cooler than having the top up and the windows raised. I'm still trying to decide if the cover is a good buy to make or not.

Paul
4 red FORDs

Gary- I'm considering the partial cover to save wear and tear on the softtop cover, motor, mechanism. I'm driving my bird as my everyday ride, so I'm concerned about almost everyday use of the softtop during the 7-8 month convertible season here in NoVa. I've never owned a convertible before...should I be so concerned about the wear and tear on the softtop? Can anyone lend some insight from your experience?

Originally posted by glh7767:
can someone explain to me why you would use one of these instead of putting the top up. it takes me less than sixty seconds to put the top up, even with the cover on, its weather tight, does everything one of these would do, and since none of us is flush with storage space, requires no additional storage or purchase for that matter. am i missing something, or is this a product developed to fill a need that doesn't exist?

Gary, I use mine while parked in the garage with the top down so I can keep the soft top cover in place. I hate to take the cover on and off and this cover is the answer, keeps out dust, and any droplets of water that can fall off the garage door in the car. Installation only takes a minute or so and is also great when parked outside to keep out leaves, dirt, bugs, hot sun and wondering eyes. I have had several convertables (British) and a tonneau cover similar to this is very common.

FUN X 3, I don't worry about wear and tear on the soft top, only worry if your holding your car for future collection value or for concourse judging in shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back