Button stuck in the seatbelt socket

JW in Dixie

JW in Dixie

Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Getting into the Bird this morning and heard a snap. When I tried to fasten the belt there was resistance - only go part way. Looked into the socket and there was the button from my rear pocket. When I tried to insert the tip I pushed the button down so that it is lodged under the lip and being pushed up tight by the spring!

GF said she would get it out and went after it with a hook tool, finally breaking the button. She then shoved the tip into the socket and, sure enough, it snapped in place. Big smile from her. I said try to unfasten it. Big frown, cannot push the release button down at all.

SOOOO, can I take that socket apart or is it one piece? Any ideas?? Big hammer??

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Okay, I hammered on top of the red release button enough to break the button I guess, because then I was able to press the button and release the male end. Pieces of the button obviously fell to the bottom of the socket and should not give a problem. Whew! Five minutes did the trick. Had it been a penny or dime I don't have a clue. Didn't see any way to take the socket apart.

Wow sounds like you had fun! Haha

Right. GF thinks she knows how to fix anything! I think she is mechanically-minded - she screws up everything! :)

Back