Bird Shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

The pictures I've seen of cars being loaded at the factory are of normal double decker car haulers. The haulers that were used when our car was delivered from the railyard to the dealer was also a normal double decker car hauler.

I can confirm what thenewbird2 said. I was at the Wixom plant and saw TBirds loaded on open air double decker car haulers. They also load them on railcars which is inclosed. Maybe that is that your dealer meant.

As you see, there are no absolutes. Ford does not specify enclosed trailers for all destinations but some carriers may choose to use them if that is what is available or the location/conditions suggest that it may be prudent. The salesperson may have seen some arrive in enclosed trailers, but was likely the luck of the draw. Duane

Does anybody have an idea of typical shipping time?? Our bird came off the line Mon. 6-17 and now my dealer says it will not be delivered until 7-15. Again he said because they are shipped in "special" enclosed trailers.

My car came off the line on 6/19. It is currently in a rail car somewhere between Wixom and Mesquite, TX. According to my salesman, it should arrive the week of 7/1.

Hope that helps.

------------------
Blue/Blue/Full Blue/ Premium/VIN 121065 Rotation # 0942

My data indicates about two weeks build to delivery. I would expect it the 1st week of July.

I don't have you listed in the database, please see my thread "Database Info for the New Birds - post here Update 1", thanks.

RTBRD

this is a very false statement, i've been selling ford's for almost nine years i've never seen any ford vehicle shipped on a enclosed truck.. do you know how much more it would cost to do that.. p.s. i get paid on gross profit, do you think i'm going to pay double price shipping . your salesman needs to corrected or owes you a apology .

Originally posted by 3BMMII:
My salesman has told me the Birds are shipped in enclosed trailers.

Sounds like your salesman has what is crudely referred to as diarrhea of the mouth. I bet he talks a lot doesn't he? Some salemen just don't know when to shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back