Back Window Leak 66 Town Landau

aardvark
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
Hi folks, my wife's uncle left her his 1966 Town Landau, which he bought in the early 1970's. He was in the process of fixing a back window leak. He removed the rear window moulding, but that is as far as he got. The car is fairly good overall, and has been buried under a mountain of trash is his garage since the late 1990's. It appears that (at least that is what I've been lead to believe) this model did not use a back window rubber seal, so I'm at a loss as to how to fix this leak. The moulding and clips are in the back seat of the car. If anyone could give advice as to how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciate it. If there is a thread concerning this already in existence I apologize. I searched, but did not find one.

Thanks for any help,

Pault

Attachments

• IMG_4275.JPG
    IMG_4275.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_4276.JPG
    IMG_4276.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

I
Hi folks, my wife's uncle left her his 1966 Town Landau, which he bought in the early 1970's. He was in the process of fixing a back window leak. He removed the rear window moulding, but that is as far as he got. The car is fairly good overall, and has been buried under a mountain of trash is his garage since the late 1990's. It appears that (at least that is what I've been lead to believe) this model did not use a back window rubber seal, so I'm at a loss as to how to fix this leak. The moulding and clips are in the back seat of the car. If anyone could give advice as to how to fix this problem it would be greatly appreciate it. If there is a thread concerning this already in existence I apologize. I searched, but did not find one.

Thanks for any help,

Pault
am in the same process with my 66. I thought I could just fix leaks, but I now feel it will be best to remove, clean, and reset the window. the rubber sealant is shrunken, cracked and dry. It will just keep leaking. I was going to do it myself, but my local shop said they would pull the wndow and reset it for 150.00.
Seems like good money spent, to me; to let them do it

Sounds like a good plan to me. I’ll talk to some local glass shops. I’m not sure what sealant the factory used. I was surprised that it didn’t take some sort of rubber seal like the coupes

Back