Atlanta 4th of July parade

Status
Not open for further replies.
The **** group here in Atlanta has been invited to participate in the 4th of July parade. it will be held on July4 (duh).
It is a relatively short, abut two mile, parade on Mt Vernon Road, in Dunwoody. It starts at a shooping center at Mt. Vernon and Jett Ferry Rd where a Harris-Teeter used to be and goes down Mt. Vernon to the corner of Chamblee Dunwoody.

It will start at 9:30AM and will probably last about an hour...it is always lots of fun with tons of families in lawn chairs along the route.

So far, we have two 2002's and they are both blue...mine and Marty and Tam Reeves. Also some vintage TBirds are signed up. It would be great to have at least 15 new 'Birds of all colors for this fun event.

If you are interested, please post here or send me an email..let's go Atlanta group!!!

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Joel;

Can we bring our "susters" to the "shooping" center????? If we have two blue birds we need two red and two white birds for the parade so we can cheer for the red white and blue. Also black and yellow birds are more than welcome.

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Susters at the shooping center .... sounds like a perfect trap for those NUDOS!
I wish we could be there, but we'll be on a cross country trip on our motorcycle. See you from the road.

Not sure about Wing Ding yet. We're leaving Sunday for A trip west and I don't want to commit to a special time getting back. If I am near there, I will stop in for sure. I'll have my laptop with me so I can keep in touch just about every night. I'll let you know as time progresses.

rolleyes.gif
DavidA, Keep an eye out for the NUDOS, they love to gobble up lap tops. It is part of their main diet.
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

-

-

We are up to 5 TBirds in the parade.

Can we get to 10? Come on folks....this is going to be a fun morning and will be over by 11:00AM....so plenty of time left in the day for a ride to the mountains, the lake, or a fireworks show.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

I'm toying with the idea of heading to the beach for the 4th....BUT if we don't go, I'll plan on attending! Joelja, the VARSITY awaits!

------------------
White/White premium; full red accent interior; VIN 19355

flybrd,

Hope you can join us on the 4th.

But, as Yogi Berra once said, when asked about the poor attendance at some of the games in Kansas City...
"If the people don't want to show up, nobody is going to stop them".

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

-

For all of you who will be in the parade, the parade starts at 9:30AM.

The organizers want us to be there by 8:30AM to facilitate the "lineup". Pls email me if you have any questions about how to get there or anything else.

Also, pls email me if you are definately going to be there...or if you are still considering it, so I can give them a rough estimate on the number of cars. Thanks

I look forward to seeing you there...it should really be some fun.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

We are up to 7 cars....2 50's, 2 60's , and three '02s.

Let's get to 10 cars!

thanks folks.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

Anyone else for the Dunwoody parade tomorrow. Pls be there at 8:30AM.

Email me for directions.

Have a great 4th, ya'll.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

biggrin.gif
joelja, how do you get there from York Pa.
tongue.gif
Would love to join your parade but I think we are just a tad too far away. Have a good time.
biggrin.gif
If we could come we would have twins, have to wait for Destin for that.

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

-

Gobird, look forward to meeting you and driving down from Atlanta to Destin with you.

It is going to be a great event and an opportunity for all of us from around the country to FINALLY meet each other and have a great time.

TBirdMarty says hi. I played golf with him today and tomorrow he will be in the parade also.

You know, it's only about 750 miles from York, Pa. I will be glad to email you directions, but you better start driving now.

have a great 4th.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

rolleyes.gif
Think I will put that drive off till Oct.
tongue.gif

------------------
02 T-Bird 9293
69 Vette
73 MGB
97 F-150 4x4
2-Seadoo Jet Skies
Live Long and Prosper!

Great parade, great time, great people, great cars!!!!!!

We had 8 TBirds:

3 2002's
2 Super Coupes
2 1965's (I think...or a 64 and a 65)
and..............
1 Very Special 1957 driven by Dot and George Lang

The comments from the crowd lining the parade route were fantastic...

"That's the new TBird...isn't that gorgeous"

"That blue color is beautiful"

"I love your car"

"How much horsepower?' Oh, wow! A V8"

The same comments all of you have heard...except we heard each one dozens of times in one hour.

It was great to meet Dot and George for the first time. We love Dot's web site.

We also met Kent Brooks for the first time. He is one of the new members of our dynamic Atlanta group. He and his wife are the proud owners of a new white '02, and they will be joining us at Lake Lanier on the 27th of July and also in Destin in October.

And, as always, it was great to be with TBirdMarty and TBirdTam.

Hope everybody is having a Happy and safe 4th.

And for those of you who don't live in Atlanta, you are just camping out.

Seriously, come visit us anytime . We'd love to have you and we have fun.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue prem
Vin 16050;Rotation 5856
Delivered 4/29

joelja,

I was passing through your area yesterday about the time the 4th of July parade was starting. I wanted to stop but I couldn't remember where the parade was going to be and I didn't have anyone's phone number to find out.

I had just picked up my car on 7/3 at Don Davis Ford and was going back to NC with it. I put on 1150 miles on it the first two days.

I still hope to make it to the lake outing, but am still not sure. After passing North on 85, I realized that what I though was Lake Lanier was actually Lake Hartfield (or something like that). The trip from Myrtle Beach to Lake Lanier and going back to Greensboro may be too much after a weeks vacation. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back