Status
Not open for further replies.
tbird

tbird

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
If you have not registered with the forums yet, I encourage you to do so and participate. Many people are afraid to take the big plunge, but come on in, the water is nice!

-

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Admittedly, I was a bit hesitant to "take the plunge" myself… While I have truly enjoyed the commentary found in these pages, obviously, the overwhelming majority of you already own, (or are waiting patiently for) a new bird. As my screen name implies, I am but a humble supplicant, awaiting the glorious day when I too can be at the helm of my own piece of automotive artwork! For now, I suffice by drooling openly at car shows, devouring every bit of info I can on the car and entering EVERY contest for one I can find!
I try to post when I do have something germane to offer, such as a post not too long ago which described the pro's and con's of owning a convertible. My first taste of open-air motoring took the form of a white on white mustang, which served me well for well over 100,000 miles. I fear that with the intro of the T-bird, I have been ruined -- until my checkbook (and wonderfully pragmatic wife) allow me to return to the ranks of the automotive elite in style!

Happy Easter ALL!

------------------
some day....

OK, after months of lerking around your excellent forum, I decided the time was right to join. Actually I have put off joining the forum in hopes that some day I would be as fortunate as many members and be able to get a new Bird of my own. After two years of effort, I have finally been able to order the car of my dreams a blue/blue/full blue/premium from Hemborg Ford in Norco,CA. I just spoke with Vic Schwan at Hemborg and my order has been submitted with a VIN of 1FAHP60A52Y116105. He indicated that car should be scheduled next week with delivery around May 1 to a dealer in my hometown of Fort Wayne,IN. I am excited. May cannot come soon enough.

The wife and I have already talked about doing the Route 66 trip in August and seeing our son in San Diego.

Information from this forum has been very important to me in making my decision and being able to find a dealer to sell me 2002 at a reasonable price. Thanks to all for your help and I look forward to participating in the forum.

Been lerking here for a while. Don't have a Thunderbird, but I'm in the queue for one sometime around 2004 or 2005 (I'm in no hurry, that's about when I'd want it anyway). Fun reading here and seeing what an awesome car it is. I'm a stang guy (see sig), but the 'bird is one of my gotta-haves.

------------------
Eric
Corral Forums Administrator
97-137 Saleen Cobra (521RWHP)
01 Bullitt #2041
0? Thunderbird.

Yeah- I'm a "lerk" but,lovin every minute of it.

This site is the best thing since new
t-birds.

Wish I had found it six months ago!

Originally posted by tbird:
If you have not registered with the forums yet, I encourage you to do so and participate. Many people are afraid to take the big plunge, but come on in, the water is nice!

-

DEW Bird,
Welcome, I also am getting a blue/blue/full blue premium. My vin is 16050...just 55 ahead of yours. So our "identical twins" will be going down the line within hours of each other....maybe within minutws.

Hopefully, they will meet one day and marvel over the remarkable "family resemblance" . Good luck and welcome.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

Snakecharmer - nice to have you on the board. You'll have two of the coolest cars in Cary - A BULLITT and a TBIRD. The Bullitt is a great Stang model - wish Ford would have made it a staple in its model offering.

joelja
Great! We should stay in touch. I was told my bird should be scheduled next week, how about your's? When I do get my blue bird, I'd like to take it to Atlanta with my brother to see the Braves play this Summer.

Snakecharmer - nice to have you on the board. You'll have two of the coolest cars in Cary - A BULLITT and a TBIRD. The Bullitt is a great Stang model - wish Ford would have made it a staple in its model offering.

Thanks,Hansenisu. I went by Crossroads Ford last night and drooled over the two reds and one yellow they have sitting in the showroom. The yellow one needs a home
smile.gif
. Oh well, not yet, but maybe in a year or two.

------------------
Eric
01 Bullitt #2041
0? Thunderbird.

Yes, I suppose I'm lerking. I discovered many years ago that I learn more by listening than talking. When I have something to say, I say it. I have learned a great deal on this forum and the BON. I started "listening" back in July when I ordered by Bird. Took delivery in Nov and have really enjoyed the car. Now am anxious for top down weather here in Colorado.

DEW Bird, Come on down to Atlanta....we have a very active group of '02 Bird owners so watch this forum for our next event. The one already scheduled is a two day road rally May4-5.

Your car and mine are supposed to be built the week of 4/15. We should have our cars the week of 4/29, if everything goes well.

Stay in touch. I am a major Braves fan so maybe you can schedule a trip to Atlanta when the Braves are in town AND we are having a TBird event.

------------------
blue/blue/full blue/premium on order: VIN #16050

I don't think they count off for spelling on this site. If they did there would be a bunch of us in danger of failing. By the way are there any School Marms out there lerking/lurking?

------------------
Courage - and shuffle the cards

Originally posted by TbirdMarty:
I don't think they count off for spelling on this site. If they did there would be a bunch of us in danger of failing. By the way are there any School Marms out there lerking/lurking?

Spelling errors are generally acceptable online on newsgroups, message boards etc. As a matter of fact, pointing out a spelling error is actual a flame.

Snakecharmer, Are they still asking 8K over sticker at Crossroads? I was over there last week, and it looked like they were having trouble getting what they wanted. I hope we'll see the prices coming down now that they are getting a lot their allotment delivered.

There was a white one at Capital Ford Saturday. Looks real nice, but presold.

I hope to get mine in October with the new blue.

Snakecharmer, Are they still asking 8K over sticker at Crossroads? I was over there last week, and it looked like they were having trouble getting what they wanted. I hope we'll see the prices coming down now that they are getting a lot their allotment delivered.
There was a white one at Capital Ford Saturday. Looks real nice, but presold.
I hope to get mine in October with the new blue.

Well they didn't have the "Additional Dealer Theft" sticker on it, so I don't know if they were or not. If they are, then I hope all of them sit there until they rot. Hell will freeze before I pay it, and I hope there isn't any one around here stupid enough to pay over sticker.

------------------
Eric
01 Bullitt #2041
0? Thunderbird.

snakecharmer

I guess I'm one of the "stupid" ones. I saw something that I liked and I wanted it so I paid a small premium over MSRP. That was my choice, but that does not mean I'm stupid. I did get my Bird at 0% interest and no monthly payments. Must have done something right. By the way, there are several more out there that are "stupid". Also, there are a lot of buyers out there who would not and did not pay over MSRP but they don't call us stupid.

Yes I have been lurking , for the past 4 months , I have been listening and learning enjoying every minute, just waiting for the call to order my new Black Bird .
Originally 10 of 8 , now 6 of 8 at MSRP,
it will be a fine addition to the Real Deal , a fully restored 1955 Black Bird with White top , Black and White interior , that resides in my Garage. Keep up the good work .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back