Anybody have lousy AM reception

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else have HORRIBLE AM reception on their radio? FM is fine, but AM really stinks - lots of static, weak signal. It's been like this since I bought the car (a year ago).

I've tried to live with it, but finally decided to gt this addressed. When I called the shop to discuss, they said that they've had no complaints about this, but agreed to check around. As most of you know, the antenna is in the windsheild.

Anyone else having (had) this problem? My only non-stock accessory is Lojack. (PLEASE don't guess that this is the cause unless you can FACTUALLY say so.)

Thoughts/advice?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My station of choice is AM talk radio out of Dallas -- I live in Waco. Reception in "Retro" bird is fantastic. Not so with my 95 Dodge PU or my 89 Olds Ciera -- both have static and almost no reception around power lines. Also have fantastic reception on my '57 Thunderbird -- go figure. I think it has something to do with grounding rather than the radio. Just my thought. Anyway, no problem with the 003 bird as of yet...

Geez, come October 9th I will have had my car two years and come to think of it I have not even tried the AM. I will try it out in the next day or two and let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back