30,000 Mile Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
57 bluebird

57 bluebird

VIP Contributor
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
I need some opinions. The 30,000 mile service costs between $500 and $600. It seems like not much more then a lot of inspecting and changing some fluids and filters. I am sure most of this can be done cheaper, but I am more concerned about the effect on the warrenties. I also have a few things to get fixed before the warrenty runs out and will have them done at the same time.
I also know it seems like most comments on extended warrenty plans say they are not worth the money, but I intend to keep and use this car a long, long time so I am looking into them also.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Bluebird,

Everything in life is up for negotiation. Get a competitive quote from another reliable recognized repair shop and let the dealership bid for your business...and chances are they will lower their rates to keep your business.

Best of Luck!

Flair

.....sounds a little expensive from up here....if you are able...do what you can yourself....like changing the air cleaner filter.....maybe rotating your tires.....if you have a 30,000mi guide of services performed....select the important items to be done and clearly specify that only those items be performed....Don't sign authorization if they are not clear of what you want...or you could make the service a 2 Trip effort...as in get some done now and some done later.....It is interesting to note there is no printed manufacturer's service schedule in the handbook....and that the printed service programs are Dealer driven to include many units of "inspections" as a revenue generator. I have 27000km. on mine. I change my own air filter...but thats all...getting too old to be hauling the tires around on a rotation....but my focus has been oil changes and tire rotations through the dealer.... :)

I wondered about that, too!

I just spent $484 on my 30,000 mile service---and that did not include tire rotation (Because, thanks to a careless roofer, I had to buy two new tires!!!!! But he paid me for them, thank goodness.) I was wondering why so much. Are there other scheduled services that will be this expensive? :confused:

I have lifetime balance and rotation on my tires from Sears.

Mileage services is where the dealership makes "Good" money.

Most independent garages, like myself, do them in conjunction with an oil change.

As you noted most are inspect this and that. Lots of visable stuff.

As far as warranty, they can't force you to do it unless they provide it to you for free. I sign off on many mileage services for my customers on numorous makes and models.

Most are glorified oil and filter changes with added tire rotation and some filter changes. The rest is visable inspection, which is no big deal once the car is on the lift.

Take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back