28 Extra Horsepower in 2006 Bird--Same Eng

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering, where/how did Ford get the horsepower raised from 252 to 280 hp in the same engine? Anyone care to venture any thoughts? Andy

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Horsepower Increase

I'm no expert, but I think most of the increase came from variable cam timing carried over from the Lincoln LS model between the '02 and '03 model years.

I'm not sure it's exactly the same engine, but if it is another part of the HP increase could come from the exhaust configuration.
When I mbought my "Borla's" they are different for '02's then all other years, which I believe are the same.

George, How do you like your Borla's

I would like to have a throatier sound but don't want an exausht system that tells all of the neighbors that I am home. How do you feel it weighs in? Say compared to a Mustange GT?

I would like to have a throatier sound but don't want an exausht system that tells all of the neighbors that I am home. How do you feel it weighs in? Say compared to a Mustange GT?

George, How do you like your Borla's
They aren't too loud, but I still have mixed emotions about them.
Any modified exhausts I had in the past were on 50's Ford Flathead engines. That was a kind of mellow, burble sound - That's what I expected and didn't get.
The Borla's are more of a moaning sound. Out of 8 owners I know that have them here in NE, they all love the sound, so I'm a loaner here. But then they are all younger then me.

The custom exhaust guy that installed them thought that they were not much louder than the original exhaust, but then he only ran it in the garage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back