2005 transmission down @ up shifting

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

Jim:
Do you know when your car was manufactured? If it was before Sept. 22, '04 have dealer check computer records to see if trans. additive was added.:confused:

I believe there was a recall on '05's that said the fluid had to have have either, an additive put in by Ford or that the fluid had to be replaced by Ford. To check on this, you may want to have the dealer review the history on your VIN in their OASIS system to see if that had been done.

Do you have an extended service policy?

Another owner had similar issues and said; "My 05 has the SST and has chronically exhibited a problem only during warm/hot weather - the shift 'flares' between 3rd and 4th gear shift. Ford calls it a flare, but to me it's almost more of a slip.
They rebuilt the tranny (new torque convertor, etc..HOWEVER, now that the weather has warmed some (mid 80's), it's begun to 'flare' again. The slip is more common when the weather gets really hot"

Another said: "I have a 2005 My Ford dealer insist they can't do anything until they can duplcate the problem, which they have not been able to do. They have had the car on three different occasions. The last time it was in the shop, they could not find the problem but told me they reprogrammed the tranny - it has slipped once since then. I don't know if they did or not! Since I purchased the car from them and they Ford Certified it, they may have just been trying to appease me.
I did point out that my car was manuf. in early Sept. '04 and that it was covered by a recall for tran. fluid problem".

Another: "Dealer confirmed the recall and stated my car had been serviced under that recall - they put an additive to the trans. fluid. Dealer acknowledged to me that the recall was because of a shifting problem and the additive was suppose to fix the problem. I then requested dealer add the recall additive to my trans. again since car was now four years older with 25K plus miles. Since I was picking up the car at the time, service writer agreed to add the additive on my next visit."

I hope some of these notes help, keep us informed of any progress/results please

My tranny seems to shift back & forth between 45- 55 mph, It has 26000 miles on it.
26000 miles over how many years, temperature changes etc. I know the "experts" say it's "lifetime" fluid, but my response is "some lifetimes are shorter/longer than others".
Fluid change has always helped my transmission and I believe it extends the transmissions "life" as well.

Jim:
Do you know when your car was manufactured? If it was before Sept. 22, '04 have dealer check computer records to see if trans. additive was added.:confused:

I believe there was a recall on '05's that said the fluid had to have have either, an additive put in by Ford or that the fluid had to be replaced by Ford. To check on this, you may want to have the dealer review the history on your VIN in their OASIS system to see if that had been done.

Do you have an extended service policy?

Another owner had similar issues and said; "My 05 has the SST and has chronically exhibited a problem only during warm/hot weather - the shift 'flares' between 3rd and 4th gear shift. Ford calls it a flare, but to me it's almost more of a slip.
They rebuilt the tranny (new torque convertor, etc..HOWEVER, now that the weather has warmed some (mid 80's), it's begun to 'flare' again. The slip is more common when the weather gets really hot"

Another said: "I have a 2005 My Ford dealer insist they can't do anything until they can duplcate the problem, which they have not been able to do. They have had the car on three different occasions. The last time it was in the shop, they could not find the problem but told me they reprogrammed the tranny - it has slipped once since then. I don't know if they did or not! Since I purchased the car from them and they Ford Certified it, they may have just been trying to appease me.
I did point out that my car was manuf. in early Sept. '04 and that it was covered by a recall for tran. fluid problem".

Another: "Dealer confirmed the recall and stated my car had been serviced under that recall - they put an additive to the trans. fluid. Dealer acknowledged to me that the recall was because of a shifting problem and the additive was suppose to fix the problem. I then requested dealer add the recall additive to my trans. again since car was now four years older with 25K plus miles. Since I was picking up the car at the time, service writer agreed to add the additive on my next visit."

I hope some of these notes help, keep us informed of any progress/results please
Mine has 22000 miles on it so it works Perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back