2005 Outside temperature gauge frozen at 125F

Patrick Kuipers

Patrick Kuipers

Click here to upgrade
Last seen
Thunderbird Year
My outside temperature reads 125F (51 Celsius) and does not come down, even is I disconnect the battery for a while Does anyone know where the temperature gauge is situated, or if there could be any other cause for this problem?

This site contains affiliate links for which I may be compensated. As an eBay Partner, and Amazon Associate I may be compensated if you make a purchase at no cost to you.

My outside temperature reads 125F (51 Celsius) and does not come down, even is I disconnect the battery for a while Does anyone know where the temperature gauge is situated, or if there could be any other cause for this problem?
Where do you live...maybe it's accurate! only kidding.
I found in my manuals the connector for the external temperature sensor. Where the connector is located is probably somewhere up front near the bumper. The pic of the connector and its number might be electronically searchable by the dealer to locate it. Should not be too expensive to change it out. Also I googled a website that gives some advice on role and likely location of the sensor.

Attachments

• external temp connector.jpeg
    external temp connector.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11
Back